Paint-Outs are open to all OPM members and their guests. Participants are requested to register for this event -- so we can communicate any last minute changes to locations or weather cancellations. Participants may arrive any time during the duration of the paint-out, but keep in mind that painters may spread out and be hard to find.
Date(s): 2 days (attend both days with overnight stay OR attend only one day)
Saturday, August 13, 2022
* Arrive at Jack's Cabin by 10:30 am. Lunch together at cabin before heading up to Amnicon Falls State Park (in Wisconsin, ~25 minute drive from the cabin)
* Paint at Amnicon Falls State park in the afternoon (waterfall, river, pines). A day pass or annual state park pass is required. Painters can carpool.
* Return to Jack's cabin for a cookout, bonfire, etc.
Sunday, August 14, 2022
* Breakfast together at cabin
* Paint in Solon Springs County Park (beautiful stream, lake, trees, etc.). A 10 minute walk from cabin or short drive to park. No permit required.
* Regroup at cabin for Show and Tell and Lunch
9324 East Park Avenue, Solon Springs WI 54873
* Cabin has 3 bedrooms (two with one full bed each, one with a queen bed)
* Floor space available for additional lodgers (bring sleeping bag and pad)
* One full bathroom
* Kitchen, livingroom, etc.
* Plenty of room in yard for 4 to 6 tents (free)
PLEASE contact Jack Dant at: firstname.lastname@example.org to RESERVE your spot for Overnight Accommodations. $50 per bedroom occupant. $20 for floor occupants. Fee covers cost of cleaning and donation to Outdoor Painters of Minnesota.
Questions regarding lodging and amenities, contact Jack at: 651-983-2460
NOTE: All registered participants will provide their own food and beverages. Potluck items are encouraged. Refrigerator space will be available. Jack has a grill for those wanting to cookout.
NOTE: All participants are advised to NOT leave any valuables visible in their cars during paint out in public areas.
Remember to bring appropriate gear for the weather, drinking water and snacks. Avoid setting up in walking paths, parking lots, or any place your presence might obstruct foot or vehicle traffic. Always stay alert to your surroundings! Also consider wearing clothing to prevent tick bites and/or bring bug repellent!