Light and Shadow: Bringing Artwork To Life focuses on the behavior of light on subject matter, its shadow, and how this relationship renders depth, dimension and drama as a result.
All media, 2D (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography), 3D (Sculpture, Ceramics), and Fiber Arts, are eligible.
Any form of representation (realism, abstraction, and everything in between) are eligible.
- Submission Dates: Through March 21st 2023 at midnight.
Exhibition Dates: March 31st (opening reception 5:00 – 8:00 PM) – April 16th, 2023
- Eligible Media: 2D (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Photography), 3D (Sculpture, Ceramics), and Fiber Arts.
- Selection Results: Participants will be notified via email no later than 10:00 PM on March 24th.
- Artwork Drop-off: All accepted artwork must be dropped off for hanging from 11:00 PM - 2:00PM on Sunday March 26th, or 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM on Monday March 27th via on-line sign up.
- Artwork Pick-up: Immediately after closing of show on Sunday, April 16th from 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM or Monday, April 17th between 5:30 PM and 7:00 PM via on-line sign up, unless arranged with the Gallery Committee.
- Gallery Hours: Opening Evening Reception on Friday March 31st at 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, April 1st & 2nd, 8th & 9th, and 15th & 16th, from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS:
- All submissions must be original - no more than 5 years old, and not shown in a previous AGC exhibition in the past 2 years, and available for purchase.
- Submissions must not exceed 48” on the longest side.
- ON-LINE SUBMISSIONS ONLY through www.artistsgroupofcharlestown.com/exhibit-submissions/
Digital images requirements of 1200 pixels at the largest dimension and display at 300 dpi.
- All digital images must be sent in the following format: Lastname_Firstname_Title.jpg (for example Hopper_Edward_MorningSun.jpg).
- Submission Fee for AGC Members is $30; Fee for non-AGC Entrants* is $45. Up to 4 pieces may be submitted.The submission fee is non-refundable and is due upon submission of artwork images or pieces.
- Pricing of artwork must be consistent and exact across all platforms. If the artist has a website, other online listings of their artwork, or is represented at other galleries/gallery websites, their prices must be consistent with the prices in the StoveFactory Gallery (ie, a piece shown in the StoveFactory Gallery that is also shown online elsewhere must be marked at same price).
- All WORK MUST BE GALLERY READY AND 2D WORKS WIRED FOR HANGING. SAWTOOTH HANGERS, OR CLIP FRAMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Artwork must be labeled: artist name, title of work, and medium.
Accepted work will be hung in the gallery at the discretion of the Gallery Committee. The gallery reserves the right not to hang work that does not resemble submitted images.
*Please consider becoming an ACG member. Go to www.artistsgroupofcharlestown.com/application/ to find out more about the benefits of membership.
All sales will be through the AGC with a 25% commission paid. All sales will be recorded, and proceeds are generally paid to the artists within 2 weeks of show’s completion.
For more information, or to volunteer to help with the exhibition, contact the Gallery Committee at email@example.com subject line Spring Exhibition 2023.