The sale has ended! Follow our Instagram @yunhaishop for future drops!
It's our biggest pineapple cake drop ever! Pineapple cakes are baked fresh daily and are available for pick-up at Yun Hai Shop, from Thurs 2/1 - Sun 2/25.
Each year, we collaborate with our neighbor Win Son Bakery to produce a limited batch of freshly made Taiwanese pineapple cakes for the Lunar New Year.
Pineapple cakes 鳳梨酥 are a traditional Taiwanese pastry made with a shortbread crust and a pineapple jam filling. They are a favorite treat throughout the year, and is especially popular during the Lunar New Year for the prosperity and good luck the pineapple represents.
In Taiwan, there are two camps of pineapple cakes: the ones filled with both pineapple and winter melon, and the ones filled only with pineapple. Our cakes fall under the latter category, consisting of a buttery, slightly savory crust filled with tart pineapple jam.
They are baked daily for pick-up in NYC. Preorder yours using this form (payments are powered by Stripe, a secure and encrypted credit card processor). Pickups are located at our East Williamsburg store from Thursday 2/1 through Sunday, 2/25.
- A box of 4 cakes
- $16 per box, limit 4 boxes per person
- Contains wheat, dairy
- Best consumed within 3 days at room temp, or freeze for up to 2 weeks. Thaw on the counter until room temperature.
- All customers who preorder will receive an email confirming their order and pickup details.
- Someone else can pick up on your behalf, they just need to show us the email confirmation. You do not need to email us.
- If you'd like to order for multiple days, please place a separate order for each day.
Pickup location: Yun Hai Shop, 170 Montrose Ave, Brooklyn NY
Pickup dates: 2/1 Thursday - 2/25 Sunday, see hours below. Please select your time using the drop-down arrow next to the week of your choice.
* Preorders will close daily at 5 PM the day before pickup *
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.