The First Teachings Exam
1. First TYPE YOUR NAME and then please list the SIX first/foundational teachings/doctrines that are listed in Hebrews 6:1-2
Fill in the missing words to complete the following scriptures:
2. After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. __________ and believe the good news!" Mark 1:14-15
3. Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to __________." Luke 5:31
4. "For without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to Him must believe that He is, and that He is a ___________ of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6
5. "So then faith comes by __________, and hearing the word of God." Romans 10:17
6. "There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to one hope when you were called - one Lord, one faith, one __________; one God and Father of all..." Ephesians 4:4-6
7. "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the __________, whom He has given us." Romans 5:5
8. "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new __________;" Mark 16:17
Select the correct answer:
9. Who laid hands on Paul so that he could receive his sight?
10. At Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was first poured out and the church was birthed about how many thousand were added to their number that day?
11. Select the INCORRECT answer - Baptism is a symbolic identification with Christ's:
12. The term "new tongues" or "other tongues" comes from the Greek word: __________
13. The word repentance is translated from the Greek word "Metanoeiu" which means to literally change one's __________ and __________.
14. Write a short paragraph on the difference between True and False repentance. (Marks given for key points, completeness/overall understanding and possible scripture reference).
15. Write a short paragraph on some of the common obstacles in receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit. (Marks given for key points, completeness/overall understanding and possible scripture references).
Should be Empty: