Understanding Your Authority as a Believer Exam
1. Select the incorrect answer - Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, including:
Correctly fill in the word "power" or "authority" to complete the following verses:
2. "Behold I give you __________ to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the __________ of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm you." Luke 10:19
3. "You will receive __________ when the Holy Spirit has come upon you..." Acts 1:8
4. And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All __________ has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 29:18
5. One day as he was teaching the people in the temple courts and preaching the gospel, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, together with the elders, came up to him. "Tell us by what __________ you are doing these things," they said. "Who gave you this __________?" Luke 20:1-2
Fill in the missing words
6. "Therefore you are no longer a slave but a __________, and if a __________, then an heir of God through Christ." Galatians 4:7
7. "...and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, __________ all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fulness of him who fills everything in every way." Phil 2:20-23
8. "We are therefore Christ's __________, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." 2 Cor 5:20
9. Exousia is the Greek word meaning __________
10. Dunamis is the Greek word meaning __________
How Jesus identified with man and overcame satan to regain "all authority in heaven and on earth" Fill in the missing word to complete the sentences below:
11. Jesus came as a __________
12. Jesus remained under the __________ authority at all times.
13. Jesus was not subject to __________ in anything.
14. Jesus fulfilled all of the __________
15. Jesus was __________, yet did not sin.
16. Jesus was "made __________" for us.
17. Jesus paid the __________ of sin through His death on the cross.
Write a short paragraph on the following (marks given for key points, completeness/overall understanding and possible scripture reference.):
18. Explain the difference between "power" and "authority."
19. First TYPE YOUR NAME and then explain your understanding of satan's authority claim to Jesus in Luke 4:5-7: "The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, 'I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours."
Should be Empty: