Know Your Bible Exam
1. WRITE YOUR NAME IN THE BLANK FIRST AND THEN FILL IN THE BLANKS. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - "All Scripture is _____________ by God and ______________ for teaching, reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
2. Hebrews 4:12 - "For the Word of God is ____________ and _____________.
3. The Old Testament was written in common __________, except for a few sections in ___________.
4. The New Testament was written in common market-place ____________.
5. Over ____________ different authors, from shepherds to statesmen and everything in between, on three continents, wrote the Bible.
6. Hermeneutics is: _____________________________________________.
7. The word _____________ literally means "to lead into," which means the interpreter injects his own ideas into the text, making it mean whatever he wants.
8. Name the 4 different gaps that can be used in Hermeneutics: _____________, ______________, _______________, _________________.
9. _______________________ - This method presumes that hidden beneath the surface of the words and their plain sense there lies a multiplicity of things.
10. What are the Three Golden Rules for reading your Bible? _______________, _________________, _________________.
11. The Hebrew word for God in Genesis 1:1 is ______________ designating God as the 'true' God, the Supreme Almighty Creator.
12. "Christ ______________ us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He _____________ us in order tha the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit." Gal 3:13-14
Should be Empty: