Spiritual Disciplines Exam
Key Scripture: "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together and had all things in common and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all as anyone had need. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved." Acts 2:42-47
1. Your __________ is determined by daily discipline.
2. Spiritual discipline can become a work of the flesh if you don't recognise the role of __________ in bearing fruit.
3. What was the fruit of the early church's disciplined life in Acts 2:42-47? __________
4. Fellowship is __________ getting together.
5. Christian fellowship is Christ-__________, Christ-revealing, and rooted in __________.
6. In what way is being planted a metaphor for commitment to fellowship?
7. When celebrating communion we are proclaiming __________ until he returns.
8. In what instance should a Christian NOT take communion? __________
9. Choose one of the metaphors for the Word of God (water, food, shelter, air) and explain how it is like the daily discipline of studying/reading the Word. Use a scripture and include spiritual benefits:
10. The daily disciplines of prayer and Bible reading both require a conscious effort to minimise __________ when choosing time and place.
11. Prayer is the way we __________ with God and __________ is vital to the health and growth of any relationship.
12. There are two vital aspects to a dynamic prayer life: Fellowship and Partnership. In a few sentences please explain both - Fellowship and Partnership:
13. Name TWO areas of your life that Biblical stewardship principles cover:
14. In what ways does God use money to build our character?
15. What does it mean to worship God in Spirit and in truth?
16. We don't worship because we feel like it but because Christ is __________.
17. When fasting, substitute meal times with times of __________, __________ and ___________.
18. First TYPE YOUR NAME in the space below and then name TWO things that observation of the Sabbath specifically includes:
Should be Empty: