The Leadership Launch Exam
Using the list below to answer the questions, CHOOSE THE LETTER of the Leadership Image that applies to each statement or verse. You will use each Leadership Image TWICE. A. The Thermostat B. The Iceberg C. The Towel D. The Signpost E. The Trumpet F. The Conductor G. The Team H. The Relay Button I. The Umbrella J. The Lid
1. First TYPE YOUR NAME in the space below and then answer the following question: __________ Christians are called to embrace a paradigm of servant leadership that is mostly foreign to that which is practiced in the world.
2. __________ "Again, if it does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying?" 1Corinthians 14:8-9
3. __________ A leader should be clear about who he is under - who covers and corrects him - and about his own sphere of authority.
4. __________ Leaders are called to influence others and their environment by setting the vision, culture and direction.
5. __________ A leader recognises that the task can only be accomplished by a group of people with complementory skills linked in a common purpose, and can maximise group performance.
So you don't have to keep scrolling up - here are the answers again: A. The Thermostat B. The Iceberg C. The Towel D. The Signpost E. The Trumpet F. The Conductor G. The Team H. The Relay Button I. The Umbrella J. The Lid
6. __________ "The things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others." " Tim 2:2
7. __________ Leadership is 10% skill and 90% character.
8. ___________ Leadership requires effective public communication.
9. __________ "Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it." Habbakkuk 2:2
10. __________ A good leader knows his own vision as a whole, and has planned it entirely before he passes it on coherently and passionately.
11. __________ Every leader is potentially limited by his or her leadership ability which determines his/her level of effectiveness.
12. __________ "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.... be diligent in these matters;.... so that everyone may see you progress." 1 Tim 4:12-15
13. __________ By a commitment to continuously growing and developing your personal leadership ability, you can effectively raise the ceiling of your limitations to greater personal and organisational success.
14. __________ "Whoever wants to be great among you must be your servant." Matt. 10:43
15. __________ There is no leadership authority without leadership responsibility.
Here's the list of answers again: A. The Thermostat B. The Iceberg C. The Towel D. The Signpost E. The Trumpet F. The Conductor G. The Team H. The Relay Button I. The Umbrella J. The Lid
16. __________ There is no leadership success without succession, which includes identifying and empowering next level leaders.
17. __________ In the long run, It is what's below the surface that will make or break a leader.
18. __________ Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing and Adjourning are all healthy stages in group development.
19. __________ A leaders directs the vision, helping evryone involved to contribute at the right time and in the right way, resulting in success.
20. __________ A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. (John Maxwell)
Fill in the blanks:
21. There is a massive leadership __________ in the world today which has produced a swing to popularised, media-created leadership.
22. Godly leadership is mostly about __________ others and __________ them to serve God's purposes.
23. Paul said __________ me as I __________ Christ.
24. Choose the true statement about leadership:
Leadership must be a natural ability.
Leadership is a learned skill.
Leadership is a combination of natual ability and learned skill.
Should be Empty: