What is Course Authorization?
- Authorization is permission to register for a CPS department course. Authorization is not registration. A student must register after the authorization is granted.
- If authorization is granted that student will have 5 days to register for the class. If the student does not register within the time allowed the authorization may be removed.
- Completing this form does not ensure a seat in a class. Authorization is performed independently on a first come, first serve basis.
What to use this form for:
- Error Messages - If you receive any error message or more than one error message, please document the details of the error message in the Error Message area on the form.
- Closed Classes - If you are using this form to request an overflow into a full class, please indicate that where noted on page one.
- Program Cohort Classes – If you are NOT part of a program cohort group and would like to register for a cohort section after the first 10 days of registration.
What happens after I submit my course authorization form:
When you complete a online course authorization form, CPS will check your student records to see if you meet the prerequisite requirements and eligibility for the course.
If you are a Non-CPS student, please be sure to complete the "Non-CPS Student" areas on the form.
Items listed above also apply to Non-CPS students. Non-CPS students wishing to take CPS courses may be given consideration via the Course Authorization Form at the end of regular registration.
GA TAP Students - This form does not negate GA TAP rules. Items 1-4 listed above apply to GA TAP students as well. Completing the form appropriately will help to inform the department of your status.