Submit Your Monarch Watch Tag Data
Use this simple form to upload the tagging data for monarchs you tagged (or helped tag). Please note that file names should be in the format: tagyear-firstname-lastname (no spaces) and the extension should be .xls, .xlsx, or .csv for spreadsheet files (PREFERRED), .pdf for PDF files and .jpg or .png for those types of image files. Thank you for your participation!
Please note: this form is NOT the place to report tag recoveries. To report a tagged monarch sighting, please visit monarchwatch.org/report-tag
TAG DATA CHECKLIST
Please read through this quick checklist to confirm your data are in the proper format and you are ready to submit your file(s). If you cannot agree with all of the statements below, please make any necessary revisions to any file you plan to submit and then return to this form. Thank you!
1. I have read through the "Recording Tagging Data" information provided at monarchwatch.org/tagging and completed my datasheet(s) accordingly.
2. I have double checked my tag codes to ensure the recorded codes match those that I received from Monarch Wach.
3. I am submitting an official Monarch Watch Tagging Datasheet received with a tagging kit from Monarch Watch or downloaded via monarchwatch.org/tagging (or a clear scan/photo of an official datasheet).
4. My datasheet file(s) include contact information (at the very least a contact name and/or organization as well as an email address).
5. My datasheet file is named in the format of tagyear-firstname-lastname with no spaces. For example, 2022-jane-doe.xlsx
6. I have moved my data file(s) to my computer's desktop or another easily accessible location in order to upload it/them via this form.
7. I have just opened my data file(s) to confirm it/they contain the data I wish to upload to Monarch Watch.