Following are some important considerations for all who will volunteer and have direct contact with the children through CEF ministries.
- CEF does online background checks utilizing a secure server so that your information is safe.
- All volunteers (age 18 and older) and CEF missionaries are required to undergo a national criminal background check.
- All approved workers receive a required nametag upon completion of steps 1-3.
- You will be redirected to a secure site to complete the screening process.
There are three steps required for volunteer participation:
STEP 1: PRIOR to COMPLETING THE ONLINE BACKGROUND CHECK APPLICATION
Complete the following:
· Your salvation testimony.
· Reference contact information (name, phone, email). This should include pastor or church leader, previous employer, and two personal references. No relatives please.
· Previous addresses (last 5 years)
· Social Security Number (adults only)
STEP 2 - COMPLETE THE BACKGROUND CHECK AUTHORIZATION below
STEP 3: ID CHECK AND INTERVIEW for the New Volunteer
This final step will be completed by your CEF team leader prior to serving.
- You will be required to show a photo ID (driver's license, passport, or school ID) and answer a few interview questions.
Once all steps are completed, you will receive your nametag, indicating that you are a screened volunteer.