Float Tube Derby Tournament Rules
1. Refund requests must be made by April 7, June 2, and September 22nd, 2021. A $10 fee applies.
2. An air horn will signal the start of the derby.
3. No contestants allowed on the water until the beginning air horn sounds to qualify for prizes.
4. All fish must be hooked before the final air horn sounds to end the event to qualify for prizes.
5. You may not cast over bouy lines at both ends of the lagoon and no tubes or kickboats may enter those areas. No casting allowed into any swimming area when buoys are present. Any off limit areas will be noted at the pre-derby meeting.
6. No assistance or advice will be offered by staff boaters, other than weighing and recording of fish.
7. Only fish recorded will be black bass. Prizes are based on total weight, five fish limit.
8. Fishing from float tubes and kickboats only will be allowed.
9. All tubes and kickboats must be properly inflated.
10. Only one angler per tube or kickboat permitted.
11. Each angler must have a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal floatation device in their possession.
12. All California Game and Fish regulations apply and will be enforced (5 fish, 13")
13. Catch and release only, fish will be weighed by staff boaters and will be released.
14. Any bass under 1lb will be measured on an official measuring device provided by the tournament director, and the fish must be photographed lying on the measuring stick, showing that it is clearly 13”, mouth closed and tail fanned, and the picture will then be texted, by the staff boater, to the tournament staff on shore. Measuring and weighing of fish will be done by staff boaters only.
15. There will be a .2lb deduction for any dead fish
16. Each angler will get a numbered tag to be worn on their person, or their fish will not count.
17. No Live bait allowed.
18. No motors or oars allowed, this is a leg powered only event.
19. Persons under the age of 18 need Parent and/or guardian consent on the entry form.
20. Any safety violations will disqualify you from the derby.
21. All California boating laws and Castaic Lake regulations will be strictly enforced.
22. No alcohol allowed.
23. All equipment will be subject to quagga mussell inspections.
24. Any special covid 19 rules will be noted at the pre tournament meeting.