All Girl Scouts must follow the rules and guidelines listed on this agreement, the Girl Scout Cookie Family Guide, and the Troop Cookie Guide. The rules and regulations are designed to ensure girl safety, excellent customer service, and promote a successful, fair, fun, and safe cookie season.
Booth Etiquette Rules
• A minimum of one registered and background-screened adult and at least one registered girl is required at each booth. No tag-a-longs (non-Girl Scouts, including infants).
• Arrive and leave on time.
• Booths should be set up a minimum of 15 feet from doors or remain in the location designated by store.
• Store locations cannot grant permission to stay any later than the allotted time as GSGCF has agreements with corporations for specific times/dates.
• Store managers may cancel booths for any reason.
• If a store manager asks booth attendees to leave the store location, they must do so immediately. Politely thank the store manager and notify your service cookie coordinator and/or the GSGCF Product Program Department.
• Do not ask the store location to make announcements regarding booth sales.
• Girls should allow entering/exiting customers to approach them and never approach customers as they enter or exit the store.
• Girls are in charge of selling the cookies. Adults are there to provide guidance and handle money for younger Girl Scouts.
• Donation jars are not allowed unless clearly designated for the GSGCF Hometown Heroes donation program.
• Girls must remain close to their booths at all times; no running around or approaching people inside the store location.
• Girl Scouts are polite and should never yell to customers to attract sales, block access to store entrances, or employ aggressive sales techniques.
• No eating at the booth location.
• No smoking at the booth location.
• Keep cell phone usage to a minimum and focus on customer engagement.
• Remove all trash, including empty cookie boxes, and take it with you. Store trash receptacles are not for public trash or recycling.
• Before leaving the location, one girl and one adult should thank store location.
Not following these guidelines may result in the following:
If girls and/or troops (to include troop parents) are not participating within the established rules and guidelines, they may be penalized in the following ways:
1st Offense: Verbal or written counseling regarding any offense outlined in the guidelines.
2nd Offense: Removal from the next scheduled booth location.
3rd Offense: Girls/troop will not be allowed to hold any further cookie booths for the remainder of the season.