IF YOU ANSWERED ‘YES’ to any of the 6 questions,
Please seek guidance from an appropriateallied health professional or medical practitioner prior to undertaking exercise.
Terms and Conditions
Please see Terms and Conditions below
The Joint Movement® Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Participating in The Joint Movement®
1. The Joint Movement® program is designed to enable older adults to participate in regular, light to moderate exercise. You must be aged over 65 years (or over 55 years for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander People) to register into the program.
2. All people registering onto The Joint Movement® program will be required to answer 6 short health related questions. These questions are part of a validated screening test which will help to ensure that participants can safely engage in the exercise program.
3. The Joint Movement® program is a one-offer. Participants will be issued with an exercise class pass which permits the user to attend one The Joint Movement® class every week. Participants who wish to access additional classes are encouraged to do so (where classes are available) but The Joint Movement® class pass may not be used for additional or other classes. The Joint Movement® class pass is not transferable to another user.
4. The Joint Movement® program consists of 12 sessions over 12 weeks. It is a requirement that participants attend all 12 sessions of the program. The program consists of the following sessions:
· Week 1: completion of one pre-exercise assessment
· Weeks 2-11: participation in one group exercise class every week
· Week 12: completion of one post-exercise assessment
5. Must agree to adhere to Southern Plus pool usage terms and conditions.
The Joint Movement® program is designed to carry on week to week. People enrolled into this program cannot drop out of individual classes. There is an option to cancel the entire 12-week course but this must be done at least 24 hours before the pre-assessment date.
All Registrants who have paid in full for the course will be issued with a 10 class pass on completion of the pre-exercise assessment. The pass has a twelve week expiry date from the date of issue. All 10 classes must be attended and the post-exercise assessment must be complete during the twelve week period. If any classes are missed or the program is not completed no refund will be permitted and no credit will be issued for unused classes.
The Joint Movement® program aims to encourage people to exercise for a minimum of once per week over a ten week period. As part of the promotion aligned to the program, some venues may offer small incentives to encourage completion of the program, for example a free class. Any incentives will only be retrievable by the participant on completion of the entire program. If the program is not complete, the incentives will not be issued.