Browse Article by Topicsenable FTP form submissions upload FTP
Related Forum Questions
- I have cleared my submissions but I'm still getting the out of space warning
- I moved my email adress to a new server and I am unable to receive jotform submissions since then.
- I have stopped receiving my form submissions
- Jotform submissions are not showing
- How can I get a report from my forms?
- Dropbox: How to set a form field as folder name?
- Form over quota - I only have 7 submissions
- I am not getting notification emails from the form submissions
- Why are the Jotform submissions not being directed to my email?
- When the contributor clicks the Submit button, where will the answers to those questions go?
How to enable FTP on form submissionsLast Update: May 24, 2016
Do you have an upload field in your form and you want to forward those submitted files directly into your own server? FTP Upload can do that. Please follow the steps below:
1. Login to your account and go to My Forms page
2. Click on the form that you want to enable FTP in then click Submissions button from the toolbar to access form submissions page
3. In the form submissions page, click the settings icon to the right side of the submissions page. Click Send Uploads to FTP
4. Enter your FTP credentials in the FTP Integration Wizard, then click Next
You can use "Test Connection" button to ensure that the credentials are correctly installed. When it is successful, you'll see a green check button. If not, you'll see a red x button.
If the FTP Connection is passive, check the available option to activate it.
5. Configure the folders and directory where you want your uploads to be saved. Click Finish
If you want to create or change the sub-folder for every submissions, you can do so by selecting a form field from the dropdown selections from the screenshot above. User Default is the Submissions ID.
Questions? Please let us know below!