Browse Article by Topicshow to add captcha captcha recaptcha
Related Forum Questions
- Is there any system that can prevent spams coming in through uploads? Like a box that they can fill up to make sure it's not a robot
- Google Captcha
- Captcha not loading
- Captcha not showing characters
- Prevent Captcha after form submission
- How to add CAPTCHA to web form
- Robots filling in forms question
- Captcha not working on source code embedded form
- How to remove the Captcha when forwarding submission?
- How can I remove the captcha hint text from my form?
How to add a CAPTCHA fieldLast Update: August 28, 2016
What is the benefit of adding a CAPTCHA field?
The answer is simple, a CAPTCHA helps protect your forms against spammers and spambots that are programmed to attack websites flooding them with tons of unwanted information by requesting that a physical code word is typed into the box to be matched and checked.
Before starting, there are 2 types of CAPTCHA when using the default one; CAPTCHA and re-CAPTCHA. We’ll show you the difference down below.
1. Access the My Forms page.
2. Choose a form and click Edit Form to add the CAPTCHA.
3. Go to Quick Fields and drag/drop the Captcha in the form.
You're done! It's really that simple!
When you use a CAPTCHA field, you do not have to set it as a required field. It is already automatically set to “required” when you place it into your form.
Another thing that you should be aware of is that the CAPTCHA field is a simpler version. If you want something more complex to provide a higher level of protection, you can turn on re-CAPTCHA. Re-CAPTCHA serves as a means of double-protection by making it even harder to enter or bypass. Be advised: in doing so you may irritate your customers.
We also have some advance captcha widgets that you can use. You can check them below:
Also please note how a CAPTCHA field works. If a person enters the correct CAPTCHA, the form is accepted. However, if an Incorrect CAPTCHA is entered, it will lead to a secondary CAPTCHA. The secondary CAPTCHA will appear in the middle of the page. If you a valid CAPTCHA is entered there correctly, the submission will finally be accepted.
How did it go? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below.