Browse Article by Topicshow to save a form saving auto-save autosave disable autosave saving a form complete update html email notifcation save email save html fi
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- How to Change the Allowed File Types/Extensions in the Upload Field
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Changing the File Upload Size Limit
- Adding a Form to a Web Page
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- Quick overview of form fields
- Prepopulating Fields to Your JotForm via URL Parameters
- Upload to Dropbox with JotForm
Related Forum Questions
- User to update form
- Can a specific email or ip be blocked from submitting a form?
- Form over Quota errors on my forms
- Show multiple fields doesn't work with my iPad or iPhone
- delete multiple submissions in a form ?
- How can I display values from multiple fields in the same basic text field
- Move field closer together
- Can I setup a form for my customers to invite their guests for a birthday party
- email verification failed
- How to show empty fields on submission PDF files
How to Save a FormLast Update: May 29, 2016
A lot of you may not realize it right away but normally your forms are saved automatically almost immediately after you update them. But what happens if you forgot to click Finish, or Complete, or Update, or even worse the Save Button? Perhaps in the mix of this you are not even sure if your Form and details saved because the Save Button didn't change?
Well here's a few precautionary steps you can take to ensure and make sure that your form is being Saved properly.
After making any changes or additions to your form make sure that the Auto-Save has been taken affect. This can be noted in the Toolbar at top of the Form Builder all the way to the right you will see a little " Disk Icon " that indicates whether a form has been saved or not.
By default Auto-Save is enabled and will usually automatically save your form for you almost immediately after you make changes or updates to them. It will also kick in and save it after about 30+ seconds in case it didn't occur right away at first. If you would like to disable the Auto-Save you can do so in this guide which can be found here: How to Disable Auto-Save.
Normally you would want to disable it if you didn't want a change to take effect right away but also keep in mind that is is not recommended since upon doing so your form won't be saved or updated and you can easily accidentally exit out of the builder which can happen. However, you can also manually click on the Save Button when you need it even if it has been disabled.
It is also a good rule of thumb to make sure that anytime you are using any of the Visual Editors such as the Email Notification Editor or the Html Editor that you click " Finish " and also " Complete " wherever and whenever you see them after you've made changes, additions, or updates to your Form. This will allow them to be saved appropriately.
Free Text HTML Editor
If you follow these 2 Steps it can help you to ensure that your form has been saved properly.
Questions? Please let us know below!