Browse Article by Topicshow to save a form saving auto-save autosave disable autosave saving a form complete update html email notifcation save email save html fi
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Which file types are allowed for the upload field?
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Changing the upload size limit
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- Quick overview of form fields
- Add a Submission Date on Email Notification
- Prepopulating Fields to Your JotForm via URL Parameters
- Upload to Dropbox with JotForm
Related Forum Questions
- Overlapping Fields
- Newly Updated with Bronze Plan but cannot add more forms!
- How to assign limit on the field
- Warning message did not show up
- How can I create a multi text-box field?
- My custom URL to prefill next form not working
- My jot form is not working from my website. How do I fix it?
- How can I send an email based on an input selected?
- Our Forms are not visible to mobile users on Facebook
- Can I link an excel file with a form?
How to Save a FormLast Update: May 29, 2016
A lot of you may not realize it right away but normally your forms are saved automatically almost immediately after you update them. But what happens if you forgot to click Finish, or Complete, or Update, or even worse the Save Button? Perhaps in the mix of this you are not even sure if your Form and details saved because the Save Button didn't change?
Well here's a few precautionary steps you can take to ensure and make sure that your form is being Saved properly.
After making any changes or additions to your form make sure that the Auto-Save has been taken affect. This can be noted in the Toolbar at top of the Form Builder all the way to the right you will see a little " Disk Icon " that indicates whether a form has been saved or not.
By default Auto-Save is enabled and will usually automatically save your form for you almost immediately after you make changes or updates to them. It will also kick in and save it after about 30+ seconds in case it didn't occur right away at first. If you would like to disable the Auto-Save you can do so in this guide which can be found here: How to Disable Auto-Save.
Normally you would want to disable it if you didn't want a change to take effect right away but also keep in mind that is is not recommended since upon doing so your form won't be saved or updated and you can easily accidentally exit out of the builder which can happen. However, you can also manually click on the Save Button when you need it even if it has been disabled.
It is also a good rule of thumb to make sure that anytime you are using any of the Visual Editors such as the Email Notification Editor or the Html Editor that you click " Finish " and also " Complete " wherever and whenever you see them after you've made changes, additions, or updates to your Form. This will allow them to be saved appropriately.
Free Text HTML Editor
If you follow these 2 Steps it can help you to ensure that your form has been saved properly.
Questions? Please let us know below!