Browse Article by Topicsjob application form job application 101
Related Forum Questions
- form text input error
- How to receive one Excel or CSV file for submissions from multiple forms
- Thanks for the upgrade, although I have not started using JotForm, but
- Can I automatically send emails to references to have them fill out a form?
- Why does my embedded form not fit on my webpage
- Submit Button Keeps Disappearing From My Form
- Receiving submissions from forms we don't own
- Auto reply
- Duplicate entries on form submissions
- Norton anti-virus alert when viewing form
Job Application Form 101Last Update: April 17, 2015
Job application forms are long, hard, & sometimes boring to create. Nobody has standards or best practices on the web about job application forms so we wanted to share 10 great tips from our point of view. We've also shared the example form at the end of this article which will help you a lot. Take a couple of minutes to be a pro on job application forms.
1. Brand Your Form
Put your company logo or image to indicate the form represents your company.
2. Use Headings to Show What Your Form is About
Headings explain what your form is about in a couple of words.
3. Give Extra Information Just to Make Sure
Giving extra information is important on application forms because people are going to be extra careful on these types.
4. Personal Info
Get to know your applicant and gather personal info.
Your applicants education may or may not be important to you but it usually does.
6. Employment History
Employment history seems the most important thing for employers because people usually want who’s experienced and related to the position.
Sometimes employers double-check to see how the applicant is from the previous employers view.
Finally, the position field. This is usually optional because forms don’t get opened for 100 positions. They usually open up for 1-3 positions identified by the company.
Authenticate the applicant with a signature when you really don’t want to deal with papers.
10. Submit Button
Don’t just leave the button with the text “submit”. Put some words that define the situation like “send application” and color it with your brand colors.
You can find the ready made complete job application form on our form gallery. Feel free to use it.
Got any suggestions, ideas, recommendations? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.