Browse Article by Topicsbrowser user-agent info agent email notification email widget
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
- Adding an Email Confirmation Field
- Add forms to your Magento website
Related Forum Questions
- I have followed these instructions perfectly.
- I also have the possibility to set up in the form that I do not want to receive an email
- Can I send JotForms via email on a weekly basis
- Confirmation emails not being received
- JotForm Email Change Alert
- Name field filled with numbers
- can i control form entry timeout?
- Submitted Details Not Visible in Email
- Collecting credit card information
- Email notifications: Ability to disable/pause the emails on the form
How to Catch User's Browser InfoLast Update: April 18, 2017
Having every bit of information on an end user using the form is crucial in managing user expectations and providing better user's experienced.
This guide will show how to get the most information out of your form users through the Browser being used.
Having the Browser Info will give the following details:
BROWSER: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera, and others
OS: The user's Operating System
LANGUAGE: Current language being used
RESOLUTION: Display screen size in resolution
TIME ZONE: Current time zone setup on the end user
USER AGENT: Detailed information about the current browser used.
To add the Browser Info feature:
1. Add the Hidden Box Widget on the form. This tool can be found in the Widgets section. Search for it, then drag it to your Form.
2. Open the widget's properties window by clicking the GEAR icon.
3. Set the BROWSER INFO option to YES.
4. To get the info you need, don't forget to include the field to your Email Notification template.
Demo form: https://www.jotform.com/71072101538951 (use an actual email address to see the results via Autoresponder).
Here's an example result:
If you're still using the previous Form Builder (V3):
To add the Browser Info feature
1. Add the Hidden Box field on the form. This tool can be found in Widgets section. Search for it, drag/drop it to the form builder
2. Open the hidden box field property. Click "Settings" and Click "Show Properties" button
3. Set the enable Browser Info value to Yes.
4. Click Close Settings button and make sure to save your form to save the entire form changes.
5. In the form's Notification Email, make sure that the Browser Info field is also included in the message template.
6. Save and Close the Notification Email and the form.
Demo form : http://www.jotform.co/form/31667356985874 (use an actual email to test using autoresponder email)
Here's an example results from the form:
Questions? Please let us know below!