Browse Article by Topicsemail field mandrill sender email custom sender email
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- How to use Mandrill to Send Emails From Your Own Email Address
- How to Add a Custom Sender Address to an Email Alert
- Set Email Field as the Sender Email Address for Notification Email with Mandrill
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- How to Setup SMTP for a Form
Related Forum Questions
- Test Emails are still coming from the default sender even if I used a custom one
- Change sender email address in Autoresponder
- How can I make the email show that it's coming from the user?
- Email "From" field is not changing
- Fields not showing up in notification email
- Can't add sender email even if its verified
- How can I create two email fields, one with single email id and other with multiple email id?
- How to setup the Sender Email using Mandrill
- How can I change the Sender Email?
- How can I add sender emails to a form?
Set Email Field as the Sender Email Address for Notification Email with MandrillLast Update: June 7, 2016
NOTE- Yahoo users:
In an attempt to stop fraudulent emails, Yahoo changed its DMARC authentication policy to reject emails that claim to come from yahoo.com but actually originate at non-Yahoo servers.
So, if you are using Mandrill to setup JotForm email notifiers, email notifications configured to use the Sender Email field as the "From" email address will not work when yahoo users submit the form. Please read more about Yahoo and Mailchimp DMARC POLICY here
We have now implemented a solution to set a Sender Address as you wish. You just need to use a mandrill account. Mandrill is now a paid service for all level of accounts.
1. Create a Mandrill account and set up as described in this tutorial.
a. First, create a Mandrill account. (Mandrill is no longer a Free service)
b. Go to Dashboard and Hit the "Get SMTP Credentials" button.
c. Copy your SMTP credentials and create a new API Key.
d. Copy your API Key as well.
2. Add your Mandrill Email Address as SMTP in two ways:
a. In Email Alerts:
1. Click the Emails button in the form builder
2. Select your Notifier and click "Edit" option
3. Access the Advance Settings tab
4. In the Sender Email dropdown, choose "Add new email address" option and the Email Type dropdown will appear.
5. From the "Email Type", select "SMTP" option
5. Provide your Mandrill SMTP Credentials. The "Password" should be your Mandrill API Keys:
6. Click Add Email button or click "Next" button to save the custom SMTP settings.
b. In My Account page:
1. Access My Account by clicking the "Head" icon from the website navigation and click "Account" from the dropdown window:
2. Click the "Settings" tab
3. Click the "Sender Emails" from the settings to edit
4. Click the "Add Sender Email" button
5. Enter your SMTP details for Mandrill:
6. Click the "Save" button to save your settings.
Under the "Advance Settings" tab. When you set the "Sender Email" using a Mandrill SMTP account, another option will show, you'll see the "From Email" field and here you can select the email field listed in your from.
If you have questions, feel free to post it below.