Browse Article by Topicscalculate calculation math form calculation form calculation widget
- How to Perform Calculation in the Form?
- Form Calculation - Math Function Reference
- How to Insert Text or Mathematical Calculation into a Field Using Conditional Logic
- How to Pass a Form's Calculated Value to another Form's Payment Total Field?
- How to Pass a Calculation to a Payment Field
- How to Assign Calculation Value
- How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field?
- How to Have Unique Question Using Multiple Fields
Related Forum Questions
- PayPal Sandbox query
- I can't get the calculation to work
- How can I pass a calculated value to Paypal?
- Is there any widget to calculate matrix fields
- I have a shipping line that should add and a total and it's not working.
- Conditional calculated field not showing in PDF
- How to calculate price of each shoe selected by the customers and also the delivery charges.
- Is it possible calculate a grade using the questions of the form, and publish a result?
- How to calculate total cost based on number of nights with weekly discount
- How to have calculations using numeric values from a matrix field?
How to Perform Calculation in the Form?Last Update: March 21, 2016
Wondering how you can calculate a total based on the option selected by the user from your form? Calculation is now possible with Jotform. With our calculation feature, you can now do a quick math to your form without the need of a workaround such as using the Source Codes.
The Calculation feature is added as a widget, and you can find it in our Widgets Section: Form Calculation Widget. When you want to calculate fields from your form, the TOTAL field should be the Calculation Widget.
All existing calculations should stay on the fields that they are set on and be accessible by the context menu, but all new calculations will be widget based.
1. Search for the Form Calculation Widget and Drag/Drop it to the form builder.
2. A calculation wizard will appear, just simply click on the "Add Field" button. A list of field names will appear, just click on the field you want to include to your calculation. The mathematical operators are presented so you must click on each to add a formula between fields. You can also use your keyboard keys for + addition, - subtraction, / division and * multiplication.
3. You must click "Finish" button to save the calculations and save button from the form builder to save the entire form changes.
**You can change decimal places in numerical results by selecting a number from the dropdown settings. To be able to see this settings, you must click "Advance Options". Two (2) is the default.***
**Wait for the input before including the field in calculation option is useful if you don't want to show the result unless all fields in the calculation wizard are filled in.**
Note that the calculation function would only work with the following fields with Numeric entries/options:
1. Radio Button
5. Text Area
Questions? Please let us know below!