Browse Article by Topicshint text field form
- What is a Form Builder?
- How to create your first web form
- Adding Forms to Wordpress.org Version
- Adding a form to Joomla
- What's New in JotForm 3.0?
- Adding a form to iWeb
- Adding a form to Blogger
- Adding a form to Google Sites
- Adding a Form to Your Facebook Page
- Print Button on Forms
Related Forum Questions
- Why are we not reciving emails from Jotform?
- THE JOTFORM LINK IS NOT WORKING!
- Upon failed CC transaction, end user is shown error message with a link to go back. When clicking back, user is taken to page one of multi-page form
- Can I create a form that will accept attachments from the person filling out the form?
- Required field is missing deatils
- Our form does not have a submit button. What's going on?
- Old Jotforms coming through repeatedly
- Cloning Forms
- google sheet integration issue - field not updating
How can I add a hint text in a field?Added: December 4, 2014
Let's say you want to provide a hint to the people that will fill out your form, so they can have a better understanding of what they should enter in each field.
1. Open your form in the form editor.
2. Select the field you want to add a hint text
3. Click on the Hint Example button.
4. Type the text you want to show as a hint.
And that's it, now your users will know what they should enter in your field.
Give a try and if you have any suggestions, please share them with us by entering a comment below.