Browse Article by Topicshint text field form
- What is a Form Builder?
- How to create your first web form
- Adding forms to Wordpress.org version
- Adding a form to Joomla
- What's new in JotForm 3.0?
- Adding a form to iWeb
- Adding a form to Blogger
- Adding a form to Google Sites
- Adding a Form to Your Facebook Page
- Print Button on Forms
Related Forum Questions
- All my forms are disabled?
- Email the form to a unique email in every submission.
- Cancel subscription
- form seems blocked. I can't edit the menu items.
- Attaching form to google drive and emailing it?
- Is it possible to do non-numerical field calculations?
- Few people didn´t recieve the confirmation email from my form
- Multiple selection options at one time.
- What happens to any collected data?
- Submissions seem to be disappearing from my forms
How can I add a hint text in a field?Added: December 4, 2014
Let's say you want to provide a hint to the people that will fill out your form, so they can have a better understanding of what they should enter in each field.
1. Open your form in the form editor.
2. Select the field you want to add a hint text
3. Click on the Hint Example button.
4. Type the text you want to show as a hint.
And that's it, now your users will know what they should enter in your field.
Give a try and if you have any suggestions, please share them with us by entering a comment below.