Browse Article by TopicsFormsCentral Adobe Migrate data export data Forms Central
- Adding a form to Adobe Muse
- How to Display a PDF Document on your Form
- How to Migrate Form Data from Adobe FormsCentral to JotForm
- Intro to The Theme Store for FormsCentral Converters
- How to Import Adobe FormsCentral PDF Forms to JotForm
Related Forum Questions
- Do you accept forms originally created using Adobe Forms Central to be used under JotForm?
- PDFs opened & filled with Adobe Acrobat on Android won't submit
- How to get an education discount pricing?
- Using the old form UI to export data to specific matrix fields
- Account>Data: Issue with downloads
- How can I find my jotform's id?
- Adobe Esign Widget is not working
- EU Account: Export data requests remain "in progress" and do not complete even after a week
- Export form data
- Search for all forms submission data based on a generated Unique ID
How to Migrate Form Data from Adobe FormsCentral to JotFormLast Update: June 19, 2015
METHOD 1: Download the app to export your data from FormsCentral
Click on this link http://www.jotform.com/adobe-formscentral-alternative/
And click on Import Your Forms button
Choose Forms + Responses if you want to import the forms along with the data.
Otherwise Form Only should be chosen if there is no data.
If you have PDF forms, you can also import them using the 3rd option.
Then a file download will prompt to get the app and install it.
This will connect you with FormsCentral and allow you to choose your forms
So please install it and follow the instructions.
The problem is that we are not allowed to keep your Adobe FormsCentral passwords on our end. What we do is to log into formscentral from your computer and then use a 1-hour limited session ticket and use that to import your forms. Sometimes, if you have a lot of forms, we are not able to import them all on time.
The solution is quite simple: Re-run the app and re-import your forms until you get all of them. Our app will continue where it left off.
METHOD 2: Do the process by yourself
You must export your forms submissions and import them into Jotform.
GETTING THE DATA FROM YOUR FORMSCENTRAL ACCOUNT
1. While on your FormsCentral account, go to My Forms and select the form you wish to get the data from.
2. Go to the View Responses Tab and click on the Save as Excel button
3. For this tutorial, let's select the whole table and then choose the CSV file option.
IMPORTING THE DATA INTO JOTFORM
Now that we have exported our data on a CSV file, let's proceed to import it into your jotform.
Here are some considerations
1. To properly import the data fields on your jotform, we need to match the data, so you should have all the same fields as on your Adobe form. Please add any if missing.
2. Once that is done you can use this app http://import.jotform.io/
The Import tool will tell us what are the field names to change in the CSV data headers, so we can start the import
When you go to import screen using the link above, click on the Import Submissions Now button
3. Authorize the import tool to your jotform
4. Select the jotform from the list (1) and click Continue (2)
On the new screen we get the information about the headers that we need for the import.
This is the most important part of the steps that you need to take.
5. Check the template format section. It will tell us how exactly to modify the CSV file headers.
*Full CSV headers and data used in this guide can be seen here.
- This is what we received:
- This is what we have in CSV file:
6. As you can see there is also Time Submitted. We must add this field to our jotform first.
7. Repeat that 6th step for as many extra fields that you have.
8. Save the jotform and go back to import tool. Click on Change form and select the same jotform again, forcing it to reload the fields.
- Now our format is:
Now, we have everything.
9. Take first segment / header and change the same value in the CSV file. This means that:
Time Submitted becomes 62_Time Submitted_textbox
Do you see what we did? Lets do next one as well:
LAST NAME: becomes 3_LAST NAME:_textbox
- This is the final CSV file:
10. Save the CSV file.
11. Select it for import.
12. Wait for it to finish importing
13. Lets take a look at your submissions to see our new data:
Take a look for yourself: http://www.jotform.com/submissions/50226977868976
Adobe FormsCentral form link: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=AoGC8hFeAtc5-QLpu-0Sww#
JotForm form link: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50226977868976