Browse Article by Topicsemail email templates conditional emails translate emails translate email autoresponder email language
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- How to Strip Headers from Postal Addresses in Email Alerts
- How to Create a Custom Send a Friend Form
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
- Adding an Email Confirmation Field
Related Forum Questions
- Issue with resetting password for account
- How can I change my email address or my contact information from your website?
- Forms are not getting sent to email@example.com
- I keep getting a notice saying that my email is on the bounce list but it is my correct email address?
- Heading not shwing up in emailed form
- Not Receiving Form Submissions to email
- Our ED Art File Submission Form Stopped Working
- My notification emails stopped coming through.
- The form submissions are not showing up in my email
- I have an email from you telling me that I have reached my upload limit for JotForm
How to Change Email Template Sent Based on the Language Used?Last Update: May 3, 2016
To set this all up you will first need to set up two things:
1. Set up all the languages that you want to have on your jotform
2. Set up email autoresponders for each language
Once you have these two all set up and ready it is time to use conditional logic and set the email templates to match the selected forms language. To do this, all we need to do is following.
Go to Conditions Wizard by clicking on Conditions option in the toolbar.
Once you do, select the Change Email Recipient option
And configure your conditional logic like this:
As you can see on the screenshot above we have selected Language to match its content and check what language is selected on the form. Following that, we have the action set to send US English (name of) autoresponder template to the email entered in the email field.
As soon as you select the email autoresponder template the email to field is filled out automatically. If you have multiple email fields, then it is best to double check if what is the name / tag of the email field and enter it manually. You can check this by following this guide: How to find Field IDs & Names.
We repeat the same for all languages that we will use and that is it.
The best thing now is to go directly to your jotform and submit it like that, testing it few times by changing the languages. This will allow you to quickly and simply see if there are any issues with your conditions setup.
You can see a demo form used when creating this guide here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51364668890972
If you wish to apply the same steps to your thank you message as well, we would suggest taking a look at this guide: How to change thank you message depending on the language used?.
If you have any problems or questions in regards to this, do let us know in the comments below and we would be happy to answer them for you.