Browse Article by Topicsmatrix field form calculation matrix calculation
- How to Perform Form Calculation Using a Widget
- How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field?
- Calculate Values in the Input Table Through Condition
Related Forum Questions
- The Form Calculation Widget Doesn't seem to be working
- How do I separate fields with the Form Calculation Wizard?
- My form calculations are broken again...
- Why calculation is not working properly?
- How to prevent manual input in a field that is a form calculation widget?
- Why field name or ID is not showing in Form calculation formula?
- Coupon Code
- Form Calculation widget should have read-only option.
- Multiselect Grid Widget: Display number of selected cells
- Form calculation issue
How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field?Last Update: January 29, 2017
It is now possible to use the Matrix field to perform form calculation.
Here in our example, we will set the matrix field similar to a survey questionnaire with ratings or value on them, we will calculate the total rating using the Form Calculation widget. You can follow the steps below on how to do that.
How to Set Calculation Values For Checkbox and Radio Input Type
If you want user defined values, you can use text box input type and skip to step 4.
1. Add the matrix field by dragging it in your form.
2. Open the matrix field properties, go to Options tab then enter the calculation values like the following.
3. To get the total, add a Form Calculation widget in your form
4. In the “Calculation window”, click the “Add Field” button to add the fields you want to fetch the value from, in this case it’s the Matrix field.
5. Choose the Matrix Field based from the label you used.
6. Choose what rows you want to fetch the values.
7. You can then use different math functions or values to perform your calculation. In my case, I want to add all the selected radio buttons to have the total score of the survey questionnaire.
You can check the sample form here: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/51691444490963?
Do you have questions about this guide? Please let us know in the comment box below or post it to support forum.