Browse Article by Topicsemails email email issue
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
- Adding an Email Confirmation Field
- Capitalizing the First Letter of Every Field Value on Email
- Pass Value to Another Form with URL Encoding
Related Forum Questions
- Remove the following email addresses from your mailing list
- Need password help/reset
- Can I setup a form for my customers to invite their guests for a birthday party
- Correos electrónicos en status "failed"
- email verification failed
- How to avoid all the text in a check box to be included in the submission?
- How can I set my email on form?
- Unable to receive notifications
- Notifications don't work
- API limit reached too fast
Why I am not Receiving Email Notifications?Last Update: October 13, 2016
There are many possible reasons why notifications might not be going through. Here are some common methods for troubleshooting.1. First and foremost, make sure that there is a recipient email address in your form notification and that this is the email address you want the submissions to go to. This guide "Finding out E-mail Address used for submission" will give you a quick walkthrough.
2. Check your recipient email address for typos.
3. Check if the email is in your spam/junk folder. If it's there, mark it as "Not Spam" so that it will not be flagged as spam in the future.
4. Check to see if your email is on the bounce list. Here's a guide on how to check and remove email in the bounce list. There are several reasons why your email address may have been added to the bounce list. It could be due to a non-existent/inactive email address, your mail server being unavailable, your mailbox is full or JotForm is on your blacklist. JotForm will stop sending emails when your email address is on the bounce list. Please note that high bounce rates will put our sending method at risk so we have to process the bounce messages without exceptions.
5. If the previous suggestions do not help, please contact your email service provider and ask them to accept emails coming from Jotform regardless of the IP Address being used. This is to ensure that all legitimate emails coming from JotForm and AmazonSES (our email service providers) will be recognized and accepted by your email service provider.
6. If the above steps do not allow for emails to go through, open a ticket in our support forum. Make sure to include the URL of your form and the email address involved. We will debug the problem for you and send you the email server logs. You can then contact your hosting provider with the email tracking ID and ask them to find out what happened with the email.