Browse Article by Topicsemails email email issue
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Creating a Form Autoresponder
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- Add a Submission Date on Email Notification
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
- Adding an Email Confirmation Field
- Capitalizing the First Letter of Every Field Value on Email
Related Forum Questions
- email submissions not working
- What causes the form to stop being sent to my email after submission?
- Why aren't I being notified via email of new submissions?
- Why did notification emails suddenly quit?
- Notification Emails
- Can't change my email to receive my jot form submissions?? Need help!
- Can data collected be added to existing spreadsheet, or does it have to be an email?
- Requests are not getting forwarded to my email
- The test email keeps getting blocked
- Re-arranging webpage to accomodate form
Why I am not Receiving Email Notifications?Last Update: July 29, 2016
There are many possible reasons why notifications might not be going through. Here are some common methods for troubleshooting.1. First and foremost, make sure that there is a recipient email address in your form notification and that this is the email address you want the submissions to go to. This guide "Finding out E-mail Address used for submission" will give you a quick walkthrough.
2. Check your recipient email address for typos.
3. Check if the email is in your spam/junk folder. If it's there, mark it as "Not Spam" so that it will not be flagged as spam in the future.
4. Check to see if your email is on the bounce list. Here's a guide on how to check and remove email in the bounce list. There are several reasons why your email address may have been added to the bounce list. It could be due to a non-existent/inactive email address, your mail server being unavailable, your mailbox is full or JotForm is on your blacklist. JotForm will stop sending emails when your email address is on the bounce list. Please note that high bounce rates will put our sending method at risk so we have to process the bounce messages without exceptions.
5. If the previous suggestions do not help, please contact your email service provider and ask them to whitelist JotForms sender email addresses, IP and domains. This is to ensure that all legitimate emails coming from JotForm and AmazonSES (our email service providers) will be recognized and accepted by your email service provider.
6. If the above steps do not allow for emails to go through, open a ticket in our support forum. Make sure to include the URL of your form and the email address involved. We will debug the problem for you and send you the email server logs. You can then contact your hosting provider with the email tracking ID and ask them to find out what happened with the email.