Jotform already has a cool feature that will allow collecting deduplicated database on a unique question answer.
But what if the unique data requires multiple combinations of answers and not base only on a single question/field? The unique question feature allows only one unique question for a unique answer. So you cannot use the same feature only.
This guide will show you how to have a unique data that is based on multiple questions/fields on the form.
Demo form : https://form.jotform.com/61007323525950
In the demo form, the unique data is a combination of the E-mail ID and Position code.
Here are the steps on how to create unique question using multiple fields:
- Decide which of at least 2 or more fields will constitute the unique question data on the form. In the demo form, the unique question is the combination of E-mail ID and Position code.
- Add a Textbox field on the form.
In the demo form, the Textbox was named Unique Code. The unique code question can be hidden also to hide the unique data generated.
- Add Condition logic on the form using the Update/Calculate field rule.
- Create the calculation formula by copying the values of the selected fields into the Textbox field (Unique Code). Make sure the summary is set to the Textbox field.
User guide: How to Peform Calculation on the Form
- Save the Calculation condition.
- Go to Settings / Form Settings / Show More Options:
- And set Unique Question to Unique Code field.
- Save the Preferences settings.
- Save the form and test.
- Finish. In the demo form https://form.jotform.com/61007323525950, the unique data can have duplicate E-mail ID or Position code, but not a combination of both.