Jotform already has a cool feature that will allow collecting deduplicated database on a unique question answer.
How to Have Unique Question Using Multiple Fields
September 15, 2021
But what if the unique data requires multiple combinations of answers and not base only on a single question/field?
The unique question feature allows only one unique question for a unique answer. So you cannot use the same feature only.
This guide will show you how to have a unique data that is based on multiple questions/fields on the form.
Demo form : https://form.jotform.com/61007323525950
In the demo form, the unique data is a combination of the E-mail ID and Position code.
Here are the steps on how to create unique question using multiple fields:
1. Decide which of at least 2 or more fields will constitute the unique question data on the form.
In the demo form, the unique question is the combination of E-mail ID and Position code.
2. Add a Textbox field on the form.
In the demo form, the Textbox was named Unique Code. The unique code question can be hidden also to hide the unique data generated.
3. Add Condition logic on the form using the Update/Calculate field rule.
4. Create the calculation formula by copying the values of the selected fields into the Textbox field (Unique Code).
Make sure the summary is set to the Textbox field.
User guide: How to Peform Calculation on the Form
5. Save the Calculation condition.
6. Go to Settings / Form Settings / Show More Options:
7. And set Unique Question to Unique Code field.
8. Save the Preferences settings.
9. Save the form and test.
In the demo form https://form.jotform.com/61007323525950, the unique data can have duplicate E-mail ID or Position code, but not a combination of both.
Thank you for helping improve Jotform's user guides. 🎉