Browse Article by Topicsv4 jotform new form buidler version 4 4.0 collaboration mobile-first offline
- What's New in JotForm 3.0?
- Add a 'Contact Us' form in a BigCommerce page
- Add a form to a Jimdo page
- Pass Value to Another Form with URL Encoding
- Understanding Different Form Errors
- Adding a form to your Cargo site
- How to add forms to your Breezi website
- How to add forms to Joomla 2.5
- How to add forms to IMCreator
- How to Setup a Webhook with JotForm
Related Forum Questions
- My is disabled - but there´s nothing wrong in it!
- "Incomplete values" error displayed after submitting the form
- My Account has been wrongly downgraded
- Form no longer displaying (Shows blank form)
- I am receiving 'Over quota' error message
- Need Help with iframe Styling
- Please delete my account
- I'm reaching my payment limit of ten free forms
- I tweeted about JotForm and it didn't recognize my bonus submissions
- My new form is in "Restore Mode"can my account be re-activated?
What's New in JotForm 4.0?Last Update: March 20, 2017
JotForm 4.0 was built around the idea that making forms should be a breeze. The main goal is effortless form creation anytime, anywhere, and on any device with ease.
You may have seen the improvements we had back when we launched V3 but the new sets of features we have in 4.0 are game-changing.
1. MOBILE FIRST
The entire form builder was built with the mobile-first design approach. In a nutshell, this design process starts from the smallest screen, then working your way up. It is one of the best strategies to create either a responsive or adaptive design. This allows users to create, edit and publish online forms from any smartphone or tablet. JotForm is the first online form builder to be compatible with all mobile devices.
3. NEW DESIGNER
The Form Designer and Theme Store are now embedded directly within the form builder. Change the form theme and adjust design attributes without navigating to a different page. This lessens the back and forth and let's you do everything you need without ever leaving the Form Builder. Below are a few more improvements.
4. OFFLINE FORM BUILDING
Continue editing a form even without internet access. All of your edits will automatically be uploaded once you return online.
5. SMOOTHER DRAG AND DROP
Dragging form fields has been improved for smoother experience, including between different pages in a single form.
Users can view a history of revisions made to any form and easily revert back to a previous version with a single click.
7. LIVE / IN-PAGE PREVIEW
With this update, form previews now display in the same window in their full size, and can be toggled on and off with a single click.
After a change is made, the form automatically saves, eliminating the need to manually click a button each time. Users no longer have to worry about losing any edits.
9. IMPROVED PAGINATION
Instead of adding a Page Break field to separate a form into multiple pages, users can now add new pages to their forms with a single click.
10. IMPROVED WIZARDS
With the redesigned Payment, Widget, and other wizards, you can build a form in no time.