Browse Article by Topicsreferrer page address find HTTP find page address find page URL find out source of submission
- How to Know which Page or Form the Submission Came From
- How to Know the Exact URL of a Page From Which a Submission Came
Related Forum Questions
- Insert tracking code to form?
- Referrer Widget affecting Autoresponder Email content
- Get Referrer Widget Has Failed
- Please cancel the old subscription
- How to capture referral URL for form embedded with iFrame?
- How can I see Get Referrer Report
- How to add tracking code to my form?
- Is there a way to know where my form is embedded?
- How do I get a copy of the referral automatically emailed to the referrer who sent it?
- Incorrect username when users upgrade to a higher subscription plan
Finding The HTTP Page From Which A Submission CameLast Update: January 13, 2017
This guide is deprecated. We already have a widget that captures referrer URL/website address. It's very easy to use without a need of modifying your form source code. Get it here: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/get_referrer
Let's say you have created a form and embedded it into several web pages. Is it possible to identify the page from which a particular submission originated? Absolutely!
Please follow these instructions carefully:
1) Open your form in the form builder
2) From the "Power Tools" accordion menu on the left, insert a hidden field (Hidden Box) into the form
3) Change the label of this newly inserted field to pageAddress and save the form
4) Copy the full source code of your form (Setup & Embed > Embed Form > Source)
5) There should be a line, similar to that below, right before the tag:
Note the value of the id on that line. (For this example it is input_5 but it may be different in your form.)
6) Paste the html source code of the form into your page and add the following lines right after the tag
NOTE: The ID in this script must match that noted in Step 5. In other words, if the line before the tag in your form's source is
you would need to change 'input_5' to 'input_7'.
An alternative method, using an iFrame