Word Puzzle for $50 Raffle Entry
The passcode = the count of letters in the word given by the guard.
An undercover cop needs to crack a passcode system to enter a thieves' nest. When given a number, the visitor must reply with a number.
- The guard tells the first person, "twelve."
- They reply, "six." Admitted.
- The guard tells the second person, "six."
- They reply, "three." Also admitted.
- The guard tells the undercover cop, "ten."
- He replies, "five." Door slams in his face.
What should the cop have said?