Waiver and Release:
I, the undersigned, hereby agrees to the following as conditions of my volunteering at the Port Ministries (“The Port”):
- I authorized The Port to conduct any background checks necessary to ensure the safety of its constituents, including the many children, who make use of The Port’s services and facilities.
- I hereby warrant and confirm that to the best of my knowledge I have no known mental or physical condition that would impair my capability to fully participate in The Port’s volunteer efforts or that would endanger the life or safety of other The Port’s employees, volunteers or constituents.
- I understand that The Port’s mission is to provide necessary services to the underprivileged citizens of Chicago’s Back of the Yards Community, and that as a condition of the poverty and hardship this community faces there is an extremely high rate of violent crime.
- I understand that The Port is not responsible for the criminal activity in its neighborhood, and that The Port will take whatever action is actually within it’s power to ensure the safety of its volunteers. I hereby assume all risk of property damage or bodily injury that I may sustain while volunteering at The Port Ministries, including as a volunteer on the mobile “Bread Truck”.
- I, for myself and my heirs, executors, successors-in-interest, and assigns, hereby release, waive, discharge, and hold harmless The Port Ministries and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and volunteers of any and all claims which I or my heirs, executors, successors-in-interest, and assigns may ever have against any of the above for, on, account of, or by reason of or arising in connection with such volunteer efforts or my participation therein, and hereby wave all such claims, demands, and causes of action.
- I expressly agree that this Waiver & Release agreement is intended to be as broadly and inclusively as allowed by the State of Illinois, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that such port will not negate the full force and legal effect of the rest of this agreement.
- This agreement is to be construed according to the laws of the state of Illinois, and I further acknowledge that the appropriate venue for any action arising related hereto is properly bought in Cook County, Illinois.
Promotional and Marketing Consent:
I hereby authorize The Port Ministries to use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or video that may pertain to me - including my image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I understand That this material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment materials, broadcast public service advertising (PSAs) or for other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the organization’s internet web page. This authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by a specific rescission of this authorization. Consequently, the organization may publish materials, use my name, photograph, and/or make reference to me in any manner that the organization deems appropriate in order to promote/publicize service opportunities.
As participant or guardian of participant(s), I understand by clicking SUBMIT I agree to the terms written above.