A complete application is one that includes the following documents:
• Completed Application Form, including applicant's signature
• Three references
• One recommendation letter that follows the outline guidelines in this document:
1. Applicant's Name
2. Name of person writing letter
3. How long person has known applicant
4. Describe the applicant's strengths. Consider how these strengths will help him/her as an RDI® Consultant.
5. Describe the applicant's obstacles. Consider how these obstacles may impact the applicant's growth as an Consultant and how he/she may address them.
If the Applicant is a parent of a child on the spectrum, this letter of recommendation must be from his/her RDI® Program Consultant. The consultant's letter must include the items above as well as the following:
Consultant must affirm:
o This applicant and spouse have met regularly (every two weeks) with the consultant over the last six months.
o This applicant and spouse have progressed through the Family Consultation Program in a way that shows:
o They understand the mission and design of the program
o They have become good apprentices themselves
o They have successfully addressed any parent obstacles that would impede becoming a good guide
o This applicant and spouse have maintained a subscription on the RDI Learning community and consistently use the tools and resources found there for their work n the FCP
• Written essays responding to questions in this document
• Recorded essays (Via YouTube link) responding to questions in this document
• Non-refundable fee of $50 (USD)The application fee varies by Training Center. Please check with individual directors
• Payment information (US applicants only. All others, please send payment directly to your Training Center)