The College of Social Science encourages participation in off-campus and education abroad programs as an important component of the undergraduate experience. In support of this objective, the College along with alumni and supporters of MSU's Education Abroad Programs will award a limited number of scholarships for admitted participants.
Student will submit one scholarship application, and select below the scholarships they wish to be considered for.
- Study Abroad Grant (for first-time participants only)
- International Internships Grant
- Ed & Gretchen Adler Study Abroad Scholarship
- Study Abroad Alumni Scholarship
- James & Kathleen Chant Study Abroad Award
- Be a first-time participant in an education abroad program at MSU (Study Abroad Grant only).
- Applicants must be a major in a degree-granting program in the College of Social Science OR participate in an education abroad program sponsored by the College of Social Science.
- Applicants of the International Internships Grant must be participating in AND accepted to an MSU international internships program. They must also be a majoring in a degree-granting program within the College of Social Science.
- Summer and Fall Programs
- Deadline for all application materials is 5 PM on April 1 in the year the scholarship will be awarded for Summer and Fall Programs.
- Spring/Winter Break Programs
- Deadline for all application materials is 5 PM on November 1 in the year the scholarship will be awarded for Spring/Winter Break Programs.
- Spring Break Programs (only applicable for Study Abroad Grant)
- Deadline for all application materials is 5 PM on January 15 in the year the scholarship will be awarded for Spring Break Programs.
Applicants for the Education Abroad Scholarships must submit the following application materials to the Office for Experiential Learning within the College of Social Science.
- A complete Education Abroad Scholarship Application submitted online.
- A 1 - 2 page essay, please follow these guidelines:
- Why the Education Abroad program is important to you?
- Why did you choose the program that you applied for and location?
- How will this program contribute to your educational and professional goals?
- How will this program stretch and challenge you as a person?
- Discuss why you need this scholarship and how you will use it.
- A completed Recommendation Form from a faculty member or academic advisor. Our office will send your recommender the recommendation form via email and you will recieve a confirmation email once it has been completed.
Please complete the following information below and select SUBMIT button when complete. All materials need to be received by the Office for Experiential Learning for your application to be considered.
You cannot save this form once you have begun.