Please ensure you have read the information package and understand the program requirements and eligibility before submitting an application.
Summer Company provides students aged 15 to 29 the opportunity to start their own small business venture over the course of the summer. Students can earn $3,000 to assist with the start-up of their new business venture.
Through this program, you will:
- Receive start-up money to kick-off a new summer business.
- Operate your business full-time (35 hours/week) through the summer.
- Participate in mandatory professional Development Workshops from local community members (day-long in-person event on Monday, June 10th!)
- Work with the program coordinator to help get the business up and running and receive guidance and support throughout the summer.
Requirements - you are eligible if you:
- Go to high school, college or university in Ontario
- Are between 15 to 29 years old (if under 18: a parent or guardian must sign the agreement for the applicant)
- Are returning to school after the program ends
- Are an Ontario resident and Canadian citizen
- Are not already running a business
- Are not working more than 12 hours per week at another job during the program
- Have NOT received a Summer Company grant in the past
- Will be operating the business as 1 sole owner, not a partnership
Successful Summer Company applicants receive $1,500 to start-up their business and a second $1,500 upon the completion of all program requirements. (Typically received during early fall)
- Application deadline - May 13th (or earlier if program fills up)
- Workshops (full day in-person) - June 10th
- Student business Pop-up Market at Northgate (optional) - July 11th
Summer Company is a competitive process and not all applicants will be accepted into the program or approved for funding.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact:
Sarah White, Marketing & Events Director
705-474-0400. ext. 2444