Please give yourself around 30 to 45 minutes to complete this application.
To respect your privacy, and to allow yourself to opt out of the application at any point, we do not save anything you write until you click "Submit." This means that you will not be able to save and continue your work.
Pending approval, your application will be followed by a background check request. Veritas Community Church reserves the right to prohibit any person who may pose a threat to children, youth, or vulnerable adults from working in any ministry involving children, youth, or vulnerable adults.
How to Prepare
Before starting, have the following information on hand:
1. List of Prior Experiences Working With Children
If you have worked with children before, you'll be asked to provide information about specific roles you've held with other organizations or churches. Be prepared to list that information. Having no experience working with children will not disqualify you.
2. References & Their Contact Information
You'll be asked to provide between 2-3 references that we can contact with questions about your fitness to serve in this ministry:
- A personal or professional reference from a person who is not affiliated with Veritas Community Church such as an employer, friend, former supervisor, or colleague, former coach, or teacher.
- Family member reference such as a parent, spouse, or close relative
- A reference from someone of the opposite sex if that is not already the case for the other references.
We will follow up with your references by calling them and asking questions about your fitness to be involved in the ministry.
3. Review our Statement of Beliefs.
For the sake of fidelity and unity in what we teach the children in our ministry, you will be asked to sign that you "wholly agree to and commit to abiding by our statement of beliefs." You can read our statement of beliefs at veritascolumbus.com/beliefs