Browse Article by Topicsemail notification autoresponder email
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Creating a Form Autoresponder
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- Add a Submission Date on Email Notification
- How to Strip Headers from Postal Addresses in Email Alerts
- How to Create a Custom Send a Friend Form
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
Related Forum Questions
- The form I made 'Pool Inspection' is not emailed to me. I dont know why or how to fix.1
- Is it possible for you to advise how we can access our form again?
- Field name is not included in the email notification
- Submissions are not coming to my email address
- How do I use my SendGrid-based SMTP email as sender for email alerts?
- Is there a way to send autoreply email to the person who fills the form?
- How to embed survey into emails?
- Is it possible to have the submitted files to be sent to an email?
- How do I change the subject of the notification email?
- Is it possible to copy email notifications
Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder SettingsLast Update: March 17, 2016
What's possible with Notification/Autoresponder Email?
When you receive a notification email, you can reply and make sure it's received by the person who submitted your form. It's the same if your customer receives an auto-response email from your form which he/she can reply to your email.
How to access your Notification/Autoresponder Email?
1. Click on "Emails" button.
2. Select "Notification" or "Auto Responder"
How to get use of Notification/Autoresponder Email?
A. If you want to send a notification email:
Sender Name: The Name of your submitter. Jotform is the default sender name, but you can select the "Name" field of your form or any field you want from the dropdown selection.
Sender Email: We have the email@example.com as the Sender Email. If you want to use the Email Field or Custom Address provided by your submitter as the Sender Email, you can do so but you'll have to setup SMTP through Mandrill. Here's how: Set Email Field as the Notification Sender Email Address with Mandrill.
Reply-To Email: Should be the person's email who fills out your form. It is attached to your email field from your form.
**If you don't want to reply to the person who fills out your form, you can just leave this question empty and emails will come from "JotForm", as "Sender E-mail" field should be set to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Recipient E-mail: Should be the email for you, your colleagues, or clients who'll get the response data from your form.
Attach PDF: Check this option if you want to receive the PDF copy of the submission as an attachment to your form email. But note that this is only possible when email@example.com is selected as your sender email.
B. If you want to send an auto-responder email:
Sender Name: This should be your name or your company's name.
Sender Email: We have the firstname.lastname@example.org as the default email address. You can, however, change this by adding your own Email Address. Here's how: How to Add a Custom Sender Address to an Email Alert.
Reply-To Email: Should be you, your colleagues, or clients who'll get the response data from your form.
Send on editing submission: Should be selected if you want to send an email notification to the user after they edit their submission (assuming that you give them the option to do so).
Recipient E-mail: Should be the person's email who fills out your form. It is attached to your email field from your form.
Do you have any further questions? Please let us know below!