Notification and Autoresponder are the two types of email alerts that you can set up on your form. Notification can send an email to you or your specified recipients when someone fills out your form. By default, when you reply to a notification email, the message is sent to the form filler’s email address.
Autoresponder on the other hand can send an email to the form filler after submission. When a respondent replies, the message gets sent to your email.
Accessing Your Email Alerts
To view your email alerts
- In the Form Builder, select Settings at the top.
- Go to Emails on the left.
Notification and Autoresponder settings
While editing your notification or autoresponder, use the tabs at the top to view related settings.
Here are the available options:
- Email — Customize your email’s subject line and content.
- Recipients — Set the email information and destination.
- Sender Name — The email’s “from” name.
- Reply-To Email — The address where the message is when selecting “Reply” in email clients.
- Recipient Email — The address where the message is sent after form submission.
- Advanced — More options for your notification and autoresponder.
- Send Email When — Triggers for sending your email.
- Send Uploads as Attachment — Include files uploaded on your form in the email. For notifications only.
- PDF Attachment — Include a PDF copy of the submission as an attachment.
- Attach File — Attach a file to the email. For autoresponders only.
- Send Email Later — Delay or schedule sending the email. For autoresponders only.
- Hide Empty Fields — Exclude empty fields in your email when turned on.
- Update Email — Stops auto email template generation when turned off.
- Sender Email — Configure your notification or autoresponder to send emails using your SMTP server instead of Jotform’s servers. See Adding a Custom Sender Address and Setting Up SMTP to learn more.