Many Jotform users create forms for their clients or organizations, or they send Autoresponder emails to people who fill their forms. Removing Jotform branding from these emails and having the emails sent from their own address is necessary.
Another reason to use this feature might be to increase reliability. We send hundreds of thousands of emails every single day. It is our job to send emails reliably, and we are very good at it. But, sometimes our emails go to your spam filter or we might get blacklisted on a spam list temporarily. These kinds of things happen when you send huge amounts of emails. There is no way around it. You now have another option when you are not completely happy with our email sending facility.
Setting up your own SMTP account on a form is very easy. Here are the steps:
- Click on your avatar and select Settings from the menu to open your Account Settings.
- Scroll down to the Sender Emails section, and:
- Click on the edit button.
- Select the Add Sender Email button.
- Enter the SMTP details. If you are done, click the Send Test Email button to confirm that everything is working. If it works, click the Add Email button. Otherwise, correct the details.
Note: If you want to use your own Gmail account, please check the related guide on how to use your Gmail account as your sender email via SMTP. Also, we have the SMTP Setup guide for Free Email Address Like Hotmail, AOL, and Yahoo.
If you see the error message SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP Host, kindly, check the correctness of your SMTP settings and try to change the port to another one.
SMTP Authentication error – this error means that your credentials are not correct. Please, try to check the correctness of your login credentials and try to use Generate App Password feature if available.
- You’re done with the custom sender email setup. Now, select the newly added custom sender email in the Emails setting of your form.
Please don’t forget to save the email settings, and that’s it! Your emails will be sent using your own SMTP server from now on.
Here is the good news – you will only do this setup once. You can choose to use the same email address on the next form without re-entering the information.
Some email service providers implement limits to the number of SMTP requests that can be made per day. For example, Google and GoDaddy each have a set of 500 SMTP requests. Going beyond that will block the request, and as a result, will prevent sending your email alerts here. Please check with your service provider if they have limits.