Setting up Email Notifications on your web forms is as easy as 1-2-3. You’ll be able to get emails whenever you receive a response from your web forms including checking them out from almost anywhere.
- Click Settings at the top of the Form Builder.
- Next, click Emails on the left panel.
- Click the Add an email button.
- Then, select Notification Email.
Email Notification Settings
Each section is separated by tabs.
This is where you can make changes to the email template and subject header.
Here you can define the recipient email addresses for where you want to receive an emailed notification about a new submission from your form. You can also set the Sender Name and Reply-to Email.
You can change the Sender Email address and other email settings here.
- If you’re trying to test a new email recipient address using the Test Email button, please note that this will always send the email to the email address that is registered with your Jotform account. Instead, you must make an actual submission on your live form to test the newly added recipient email address.
- If you’re having issues with your emails not being received, we recommend you check out this guide on “How to Prevent Email Bouncing Related Issues“.
- Setting up a text only email is not possible anymore. The new wizard will allow you to only change the HTML email, text only emails are actually no longer used as mobile devices are becoming more common and all can open HTML-based emails without issues.
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.