Notification automatically sends an email to you or to your specified recipients when someone submits an entry to your web form. By default, when you reply to a notification email, the message is sent to the form filler’s email address.
Form Builder automatically creates an email notification, for your account’s email address, once you add the first element to your form.
Here’s how to create a new or edit an existing Notification:
- In Form Builder, click on Settings at the top.
- Choose Emails on the left panel.
- Next, create or edit a Notification.
- To create a Notification, click on Add an email, then choose Notification Email.
Note: The Starter (Free) plan is limited to one Notification per form.
- To edit a Notification, hover your mouse over the Notification, then click on its pencil icon.
You can now start customizing your notification email template in the editor.
To learn more, see Editing Email Templates.
Note: The Test Email button always sends the test email to your account’s email address. To check other recipients, send a test entry to your form.
Changing Email Recipients
You can change the email notification’s recipients and other email information in the Recipients tab.
Here are the available options:
- Sender Name — The “from” name that appears on the email. You can map it to one of your form’s supported fields.
- Reply-to Email — Mapped to one of your form’s Email elements by default. You can set it to one of your form’s supported fields.
- Recipient Email — It’s set to your account’s email address by default. You can change it or add more recipients.
Note: The Starter (Free) plan is limited to one recipient. Paid accounts can add up to 10 recipients.
Accessing Advanced Options
The Notification’s Advanced tab holds additional options for your email notification like changing the sender address and adding file attachments, to name a few.
Visit the following guides to learn more about the available options and how to use them: