- What is JotForm?
- Who is JotForm for?
- What kind of forms can I create with JotForm?
- How much does JotForm cost?
- What is new on JotForm 3.0?
- How can I see form submissions?
- Why don't I receive submissions by email?
- Can I blend forms into my own site?
- Do you put advertisements on Forms?
- Do you support Secure Forms?
- Can I collect payments from my form?
- Is my form submission data safe?
- Do you have spam protection?
- Do you License Form Builder technology?
- Why should I choose JotForm over similar services?
- How can I change recipient e-mail addresses for my form?
- Do you have a short movie tutorial for beginners?
What is JotForm?
JotForm is the first web based WYSIWYG form builder. Its intuitive drag and drop user interface makes form building a breeze. Using JotForm, you can create forms, integrate them to your site and receive responses by email.
Who is JotForm for?
JotForm is developed mainly for webmasters, but anybody with an Internet connection can use it. JotForm is WYSIWYG, so you can still make web forms without any web design or HTML experience. Since JotForm is hosted on our servers, there are no requirements.
What kind of forms can I create with JotForm?JotForm supports all standard web form field types. In addition, it allows you to use new and intuitive fields in your form such as Date Time Picker, Star Ratings, or CAPTCHA checks. Using JotForm, you can create any kind of web form.
Here is a short list of examples:
Contact Form Blog Contact/Survey Event Calendar Document Uploader Satisfaction Survey Time Sheet Job Application Form RSVP for a Party or Wedding Bug Tracker Reservation Form
Do you have a short movie tutorial for beginners?
Watch this two-minute JotForm tutorial to see how you can create web forms quickly.
How much does JotForm cost?JotForm is completely free for Basic usage. You can create forms, integrate them into your site, and collect submissions from your users without any cost. For Bronze usage, it is $19/month. You can find a comparison chart between Basic and Bronze versions here.
You can find out more info related to billing here
To support our free service, please feel free to add this banner or any of our banners available to your site:
Why should I choose JotForm over similar services?
1. Unlike similar services, JotForm does not cripple features on free version. All features are available to free accounts. You can create as many forms with as many fields as you wish. You can use all field types and use features like auto-responder.
2. JotForm does not lock you in like similar services. You can upgrade to Bronze plan for a month or two when you need to receive a lot of submissions, then downgrade back when you don't need it any more. When you downgrade you do not lose your forms or existing data on your account.
3. Unlike all other services JotForm does not add "Powered By" or "Report Abuse" links to your forms. In our opinion that's very unprofessional and ugly. Our competitors also know this but they call this a "viral" effect. So, they are actually using their users like a virus to get more traffic. We prefer to keep our users happy over such ugly tactics.
4. JotForm has the best rates. No other service provides so many features for free or $19. Over 250,000 active users have chosen JotForm as a proof.
5. JotForm is always innovative and ahead of others. Usually similar services follow JotForm's innovative features many years behind. JotForm's web based drag and drop WYSIWYG form builder technology is a first in its kind. We keep improving it to keep it the best form builder ever.
What is new on JotForm 3.0?
JotForm 3.0 is a complete rewrite. JotForm is now more robust and has many new features.
Improved Form Builder. We have made many improvements on our form building technology however user testing showed that one feature specifically improved user experience and that's the unlimited undo/redo features.
Survey Tools. Create great looking surveys with our new survey toolbox. More details.
Reporting. You can now create great looking reports that include charts and grids. You can reach these reports on a browser bookmark, or include within your web pages.
New Field Types. JotForm now has 40 form field types.
Flexible Emails. You can attach many notification and auto-responder email alerts to your forms. Emails are completely customizable. More details.
Form Conditions and Branching. Makes it possible to show or hide questions, skip to a particular form page, send emails, change Thank You page or Thank You message.
Integrated Credit Card Payments. Collect payments right from your web forms without leaving for a payment gateway. JotForm now integrates with Paypal Payments Pro and Authorize.Net.
No account required. We always strive to make things easier and quicker for our users. That's why we now do not require an account to save and use your forms.
Full Screen Mode. When you need to create large forms, it is great to have ful screen mode, since you can see the larger portion of the form on the screen.
How can I see form submissions?
You have two choices to receive form submissions. You can receive them instantly by email, or you can log into your JotForm account periodically and view/download all submissions. To receive submissions as e-mail alerts, log into your JotForm account, choose the form you would like to receive submissions for and click on "Edit" button. On the "Form Editor" screen for your form, you will see a "Emails" button, click on that customize your emails.
How can I change recipient e-mail addresses for my form?
To change recipient email addresses on a form, open your form on the Form Builder and then:
1. Click on the "Setup and Embed" tab,
2. Click on "Emails",
3. Select "Notification Email",
4. Click on "Reply-to and Recipient Settings",
5. Change "Recipient E-mail" on the lower right side.
See more here: Setup Email Notification
Why don't I receive submissions by email?
First make sure that emails for this form is enabled. Log into your JotForm account, choose the form you are not receiving submissions for and click on "Edit" button. On the Form Builder screen for your form, you will see an "Email" button, click on that. Make sure that you have emails setup and they are being sent to your correct email address
Another possible reason for not receiving emails might be your spam filter. Check your spam folder for the submission email. If it is there, make sure to set it as "No Spam" so that this would not be flagged as spam in the future.
If nothing helps send us an email. Make sure to include the URL of your form. We will debug the problem for you and send you the email server logs so that you can contact your hosting provider with the email tracking ID and ask them to find out what happens to the email.
Can I blend forms into my own site?
Certainly! JotForm allows you to copy the source code of a form into your site. On the Form Editor, click on "Share" button to get the source code for your form. Then simply copy and paste it into your site.
You may also forward users back to your site right after submission. First create a "Thank You" page in your site. Next, click on "Thank You" button on the Form Editor. Finally, copy and paste the URL of the Thank You page into "Thank You URL" option.
Do you put advertisements on Forms?
No, we do not add any kind of 3rd party advertisements on JotForm.
We would like our users to look professional. So, we would never put advertisements or our logo on the forms like similar services.
Do you support Secure Forms?
Yes, you can now have your forms and form submissions transmitted securely with a 256 bit High-grade encryption. You can also log into JotForm site securely and download your submission reports over a secure connection.
Can I collect payments from my form?
Yes! You can now use JotForm to sell digital goods, sell products, collect payments for your online service, collect subscription payments or receive micropayments for your content. You can easily integrate your form with PayPal,PayPal Website Payments Pro,Authorize.Net, Google Checkout, WorldPay, 2CheckOut, ClickBank and OneBip payment gateways.
To create your payment form, go to Form Builder and open "PAYMENT TOOLS" toolbox on the left side and drag and drop logo of one of the payment gateways listed.
Is my form submission data safe?
Yes, your data belongs to you. We do not share or sell any user data. We also do not access your data for any non-administrative purposes.
Do you have spam protection?
Yes, JotForm now has spam protection. Each new form now has seamless spam checks. JotForm can check if the form is submitted by a real browser. We also now support CAPTCHA verification on the forms.
Do you License Form Builder technology?
Yes, we do license JotForm's form builder to 3rd parties. You can get a copy of JotForm site to use in your internal corporate or educational intranet. You may also get a distributable license to integrate JotForm technology into your product. Feel free to contact us for more information.
You can find more information about JotForm licensing on the page below. Please take a look at the options there and if you have any further questions, let us know.
JotForm Application includes free installation on your site and 3-month email support. You need to have PHP and Mysql on your server to be able to run JotForm Application. It comes with full source code and you are free to customize the design or change source code according to your needs.
The most recent version of JotForm is not available as Application until 2011. You can see a demo of the old version.
Update: JotForm Application for v3 is now available for licensing.