Browse Article by Topicsform fields field fields
- Upload Field Allowed File Types
- Quick Overview of Form Fields
- Prepopulating fields to your JotForm via URL parameters
- Form Field Positioning
- How to Add a Time-Only Field
- How to Give Users the Ability to Easily Copy Content from One Field to Another
- How to find Field IDs & Names
- How to Reduce Vertical Spacing between Fields
- How to apply custom CSS to a particular field
- How to Integrate Solve360
Related Forum Questions
- Interdependence between values in different fields
- Full Name Field: Replace sublabels with placeholders
- DateTime Field: JSEmbedded jotform showing differently in Muse than on preview
- How do I 'default' 'Auto Hide Empty Fields' & 'Show Headers and Texts' for my form?
- Form are being Submitted as Empty with Required Fields
- Authorize.NET Required Field preventing recurring subscriptions
- How to show map in JotForm submission when using Geolocation Widget
- Bookmarklet to automatically fill form with title and url of webpage
Quick Overview of Form FieldsLast Update: June 30, 2014
JotForm has pretty much any type of form fields you might need. Take a look at our unique form fields and get a brief description of what each one of them do.
Heading: Add 1 main heading to indicate what your form is about. Secondary headings are for multiple sections.
Free Text HTML: Use to provide a text information to your form.
Textbox: Usually used for getting text based entries.
Text Area: Comments, additional ideas, and long answers are mostly used with text areas.
Dropdown: Drop down menus are used with category related questions.
Radio Button: Radio buttons are for one choice answers.
Check Box: Used for multiple choices.
Image: Add an image for your form. Easily brand your form with your own logo. Showcase stuff on your form.