Browse Article by Topicspayment tax paypal paypal express paypal pro sales tax integration stripe 2checkout purchase order
- Order Form Basics
- Order Form Types
- PayPal Forms
- Upload to Dropbox with JotForm
- How to Set up Paypal Along with Other Payment Options
- How to view incomplete payments
- How to Update the Multiple Payment Form
- How to Integrate with MailChimp
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Setup a Recurring Payment Option
Related Forum Questions
- Form Builder 4.0: Google Contacts integration is not available on v4 and not working on v3
- useing the calculation field to total multiple costs and transfer to payment gateway widgit for final purchase
- how do i get to my paypal account?
- Can form be used as a wholesale forum?
- Payment refund request for two subscriptions that were recently canceled
- Payment Plans with Paypal
- When setting up a form for recurring payments to Dwolla, can I include a cancel/modify button or set the date for the first transaction to take place?
- Having issues with integration
- Calculate Tax based on List of Provinces/Canadian
- Square integration appears correct but payments are not showing up in Square
How to Add Tax to Your Payment FormLast Update: December 26, 2016
JotForm's payment integrations allow you to add sales tax to the products you sell, whether tangible or not.
This feature is available for the following payment gateways:
Before proceeding, please do note that this feature is not available for subscription and donation type payments
Adding sales tax
1. Select your payment field then run the payment wizard by clicking the wizard button
2. While on the payment wizard go to the "Tax" tab.
3. Enter a base tax rate
4. Select the products you would like to make tax-exempted on the drop down "Exempted Products"
5. Choose a field on your form from which a surcharge will be based on the "Set Tax Options from a Location Field" field (do note that this option will be disabled if the form does not have either a drop down or an address field).
Note that only the following fields are available for selection:
Address : State
Address : Country
6. If you select either a drop down or the country sub-field, you will be asked to enter surcharge rates for the available locations
7. For the state sub-field, you must enter a new line-separated list of states, regions, or provinces
Then, you will have to specify surcharge rate for each location
9. To change the text on your form to indicate applied tax rate, enter the new text in the "Tax Text on the Form" field.