Browse Article by Topicsunique id unique submissions prevent duplicate duplicate one entry
- How to Set Unique Submissions on a Form
- How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- How to Manage Multiple Fields
- Where have the Power Tools gone?
- How to Setup Folders Using Unique ID widget in Dropbox?
Related Forum Questions
- Authorize.Net Integration: Unable to select Unique ID field in Invoice Number Field
- Receiving multiple conditional emails from a form
- File Uploads: Images are showing corrupt or duplicated once uploaded.
- Is it possible to have this unique ID be the same every time a person takes the survey?
- How to prevent duplicate submissions
- How to create JotForm for duplicate entry?
- Reset unique ID widget
- How can I loop the form back to the original set of questions?
- Multiple email confirmation
- I have a very specific question about my forms
How to Set Unique Submissions on a FormLast Update: June 17, 2016
Sometimes you may want to prevent users from making multiple submissions on a form. Unique Submission is used for that purpose. Here's how:
1. While in the form builder, find and click on the the "Preferences" button from the toolbar
2. In the preferences window, click "Advanced" tab and Select the "Unique Submission" option you prefer
3. Save the form changes by clicking the "Save Changes" button from the form builder.
There is a difference between strict and loose check.
Loose Check controls the cookie.
Strict Check also controls the IP address.
If you select Strict Check, people in the same network (in the same school, college,university, institution ) will not be able to make submissions, as the IP address for the network would be the same. If you are considering the target audience as students in the same school, Loose Check should be chosen.
Questions? Please let us know below!