Browse Article by Topicsunique id unique submissions prevent duplicate duplicate one entry
- How to Set Unique Submissions on a Form
- How to Add Custom Unique IDs to your Form Submissions?
- How to Manage Multiple Fields
- Where have the Power Tools gone?
- How to Setup Folders Using Unique ID widget in Dropbox?
Related Forum Questions
- How do I pass the Unique ID to ShareASale
- Duplicate fields: Unable to duplicate the selected fields using Firefox browser with v4 builder
- Duplicating of the old orders
- Are we receiving a random duplicate entry form?
- Unique ID Widget: Second unique ID is not showing prefix in submission
- Multiple submissions are disabled
- PayPal: Fetch Data from a Text Field is not an option on the Form Builder 4.0
- Can we use multiple Unique ID fields on a single form?
- Is it possible to Change File Name Automatically Upon Upload?
- How can i create a number field that auto populates and does not duplicate sequential numbers?
How to Set Unique Submissions on a FormLast Update: March 16, 2017
Sometimes you may want to prevent form respondents from making multiple submissions in a form and this is when the Unique Submission is most useful.
No Check (default) - duplicate submissions will not be checked in this state.
Strict Check - Aside from cookies, it also checks if the submission came from the same IP address.
If you select Strict Check, people in the same network (in the same school, college, university, institution) will not be able to make submissions, as the IP address for the network would be the same. If you are considering the target audience as students in the same school, Loose Check should be chosen.
The instructions below shows how you can access Unique Submission through the form's builder page.
JotForm Version 4
Step 1: Go to SETTINGS > FORM SETTINGS > SHOW MORE OPTIONS
Step 2: Look for Unique Submission and select an option from the drop-down.
Step 3: After selecting an option, notice at the top of the builder page (below the Form Title) that all changes have been saved.
JotForm Version 3
1. On the builder page, find and click the "Preferences" icon from the toolbar located at the top.
2. In the preferences window, click "Advanced" tab and Select the "Unique Submission" option you prefer
3. Save the form changes by clicking the "Save Changes" button from the form builder.
Questions? Please let us know below!