Browse Article by Topicshide empty fields autoresponder notification email alert hide empty
- Setting Up Email Notifications
- Setting Up an Autoresponder Email
- Explanation of Email Notification and Autoresponder Settings
- Send Notifications to Multiple Recipients
- How to Let Users Update Their Form Submissions at a Later Date
- How to Find and Change the Email Address Used for Notification Email?
- How to Strip Headers from Postal Addresses in Email Alerts
- How to Create a Custom Send a Friend Form
- How to Delete Notifications/Autoresponder
- Whitelisting JotMails IP Addresses
Related Forum Questions
- I was receiving email response from recipients now I have to go into the JotForms to find out who is responding. do I need to change a setting?
- Does jotform email me when someone completed my form?
- I'm having difficulty resetting my password.
- I got API limit reached email alert
- My email is in a bounce list
- Wrong daily API limit exceeded notification
- Replying to applicants by email using Reply button
- Notification email not working properly on 2 forms
- My return email keeps showing up in the BOUNCE list about once a week
- Why is our email suddenly in your bounce list?
How to Hide Empty Fields on Email AlertsLast Update: April 10, 2017
Update: On the new email wizard, this option is already enabled by default so you don't need to do any further configuration in your form.
However, if you wish to change that option, you can open it in the Advanced settings in your email wizard. Below are the steps on where to find it.
This option can be found both in the Email Notifications and Autoresponder Email.
1. First, open your email wizard.
In JotForm Version 4:
Click "Settings"->"Emails". Here you can hover on the email alert and click the pencil icon to edit.
In JotForm Version 3:
Click the "Emails" button.
Choose an email alert you want to edit, in my case, I'll edit my notification email. Hover over it and you should be able to see the edit button.
2. Click "Advanced" tab and scroll down.
You should be able to see the "Hide Empty Fields" option there.
Important Note: When this option is enabled, you should use the default data table in your email notification and autoresponder email for the "Hide Empty Fields" feature to work. You can still add some text and new rows but you should keep the labels and fields tags of the questions intact. If you delete the whole data table then create your own layout, then the hide empty field feature will not work.
Questions? Please let us know below!