Browse Article by Topicsstatus. submissions status manage submissions approve submissions dissaprove submissions
Related Forum Questions
How to assign a status to submissionsLast Update: April 13, 2017
In this guide you will learn how to manage your users submissions approval, you can mark submissions as Approved or Disapproved using Hidden Box tool. This is somewhat like an Admin Approval System. This is very useful for booking forms for accepting or declining user's booking entry. It's also useful for application forms, you can approve applications if user's meet the requirements or simply disapproved them if they're not.
1. Add a Hidden Box tool to your form, it's under Widgets. (This isn't viewable on your live form so you, the form owner has the privilege to update this field later on)
JotForm Version V4:
a. Hidden Box tool is under Widgets Section
b. Click to add it to your form and be sure to add a label name e.g. Status
2. Let's assume you've already received form submissions. To open your form submissions page,
a. Go to your My Forms page
b. Select the form and click on Submissions button above it
3. While on the submissions page, just select a submissions that you'd like to update on the data grid below and click Edit button above.
4. After clicking on Edit button, you'll be able to see your form with user's data on it. Now, just look for the hidden box field (dotted styled box) that we've added to your form earlier and write a status. e.g. "Approved" or "Disapproved". Be sure to re-submit the form to update the edited submission.
5. If you'd like to notify users with the status of their submissions or fire up a notification depending on the status you've entered, you can apply an email condition.
If you have questions or if you're having difficulties with any of these steps, please write your comment below!