Browse Article by Topicsvisual reports filters
Related Forum Questions
- Unable to download submissions from form which has approx 200k data
- Thank you messages keep triggering spam filters.
- Unable to create visual report for checkboxes
- Visual Reports and Textbox field
- Calculate totals after submission
- Visual reports: Graph is not displaying when the size of the graph is expanded
- Visual Reports builder throws an error
- Visual reports - Live data
- Why can I only chose one filter in my report?
- Visual Reports: Is it possible to make html visual reports adaptive/responsive?
How to Use Visual Report FiltersLast Update: June 3, 2016
Visual report filters allow you to better analyse trends and patterns in your form responses by creating rules to determine which results are included in your charts and graphs.
There are 3 types of filters available for you to use:
1. Date Filters - Include/exclude responses based on the date they are received.
2. Question and Answer Filters
3. Submission Filters (Coming soon).
You can create a filter for your visual report from the report builder page by using the following steps:
1. Click the Filters icon on the report builder toolbar .
2. Click the add button at the top of the dropdown .
3. Choose the type of filter you are creating
4. Choose the filter you want to create. You will have the following options based on the type of filter you are creating:
Question And Answer Filters
*This filter is dynamic and the chart data will change according to the day you are viewing the report.Current Day - Responses received on the day the report is being viewed*.Current Week - Responses received in the week(Monday - Sunday) the report is being viewed*.Current Month - Responses received in the month the report is being viewed*.Current Year - Responses received in the year the report is being viewed*.Last x Days - Responses received x number of days previous to the report being viewed (The value of x is chosen when creating the filter)*.Exact Date - Responses received on an exact date chosen by you.Custom Date Range - Responses received in a date range chosen by you.
Submission Filters: (Coming Soon)
5. Based on the filter you have chosen you may now be asked to enter values for the filter to use.
6. Press save to save any entered values and create the filter. If you have entered any invalid data you will be shown an error similar to the one shown below.
7. The new filter will then be added to the filters list, and the filters counter will increase to show you the current number of active filters. A loading icon will be shown whilst the new filtered data is loaded and then charts and graphs will be re-rendered to show the filtered values.
There are 2 ways to manage or modify existing filters.
1. Click on the filters manage trigger to bring up the 'Manage Filter' menu. You will be able to choose from the following options - Disable/Enable Filter, Edit Filter(Only available if the filter has editable values) and Delete Filter.
2. Change the Match switch. This switch decides whether you want Any of the created filters matched or All of the filters matched when your chart data is generated.
If you choose to disable a filter, you will be able to distinguish it from active filters by the red status icon.
If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please kindly post them below.