Grid Listing is useful in several ways – a classic example is the ability to show the submissions on your web page right after a user hits the Submit button. In the generated grid list you can do the following:
- Rearrange the order of the columns in the table by dragging the column headings.
- Make the grid larger.
- Add/remove column fields.
- Sort ascending and descending options per column.
- Search for submissions (similar to the search feature in the Submissions Page).
Follow the steps below to create a Grid Listing Report:
- Go to the My Forms page.
- Select the form you want to generate a report from.
- Click the Reports menu.
- Then click Add New Report.
5. Select Grid Listing on the Create a new report modal pop-up.
6. Next will be the Grid Listing report setup page, which is divided into 3 sections.
a. Report Name – type the name of the report that will be shown under the Reports menu on the My Forms page.
b. Fields – include or exclude fields and other information such as Submission ID, Submission Date, or IP address.
c. Report Configurations – enable or disable additional report settings to your preference.
- Password protection – an optional but added layer of security.
- Display photo instead of a link – enable this if you want to show the images uploaded on your form instead of just showing them as a link.
- Display images in a modal window – when someone clicks on an image in the table, it will be presented as a modal popup (or a lightbox as shown below).
- Show edit URLs – with this enabled, a new column will be added to the table that will show a link to edit the respective submission.
- Auto-fit grid report to window – when enabled, the entire grid will automatically fit itself to the size of the browser window.
- Grid Cell Maximum Height – set a maximum height of each row on the grid table.
Click the Create button at the bottom to finish the setup.
7. After clicking the Create button, you will be prompted that the Grid Listing Report is ready. On the same pop-up, you will see the link to the Grid Listing Report that you created and a button to copy that link. (a) There is also the iframe embed code that you can copy to embed the report to your website. (b) The Open Report button will open the report on a new browser tab. (c)
Click the close (X) icon at the top-right corner to close the pop-up.
Comments and suggestions are welcome below. If you have a question, post it in our Support Forum so we can assist you.