Browse Article by Topicsdatetime field date limit limit date disable dates
Related Forum Questions
- How to change the default date on my form?
- Need to dynamically disable a date range from the current date
- DateTime: excluding disabled days of the week in the counting when dynamic date is set as default date
- How to use Date Limits in my form?
- Is there an option to add a warning box if the date is expired?
- Why are the fields for the date picker so small?
- Limit an End Date field's selections based on a Start Date field's input?
- Custom Start Dates Not Saving in New Editor
- DateTime Field Limit no longer allow dynamic date on Start and End
- Automatic date restriction
How to Use the Date Limits OptionLast Update: September 1, 2016
Would you like to set limits on your DateTime field? Example, you only want to allow your users to enter dates that fall on a weekend. That is now possible with the new advance option added to the default DateTime field.
1. Add a "DateTime" field by drag and drop. Click the "Properties" icon:
2. In the DateTime Properties, go to the Limits tab.
3. Here's the list of options that you can use on disabling dates:
Days of the week
You can unchecked which day of the week you don’t want your users to select in the date field.Let’s say you only want your users to select dates on weekdays, you can unchecked Saturday and Sunday.
Past & Future
Simply check the option“Past” if you want to allow users to select past dates from the current one of the user, same goes with the option “Future”, check it if you want to allow future dates to be selected.
Start & End Date
Disable dates within the range you set up.
Disable Custom Dates
Here you can disable specific dates. Example of this:
2015-04-21 - one specific date, disable “21st April 2015”.
04-20 – disable this specific date every year, every 20th of April of each year.
19 –disable this specific date of the month. In this case, every 19th of the month of the current year.
Disable Date Ranges
This is similar to the “Start & End Date”, but this allows you to set multiple date ranges to disable. This is also a good way to set invalid dates. Example, I would like to force users not to enter invalid years like “192”, “1900” or “1720”. What I did is set the date range like this: “0000-01-01>1960-01-01”.
You can also set Dynamic Date Selections. Similar to a regular expression, an example shown in the screenshot is today+1 which would equate tomorrow or the next day based on the current date of the user.
Questions? Please let us know below.