Browse Article by Topicsgmail smtp
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- How to Setup SMTP for a Form
- How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTP
Related Forum Questions
- how to set smtp for personal gmail
- SMPT Account Error
- Any way to spoof sender?
- How do I change the form recipient email or smtp?
- I don't get any notifications from the form when using SMTP
- Why emails are Bounced from gmail?
- JotForm SMTP account error
- STMP not working
- I have an SMTP error message that I do not know how to fix
- I cant use any SMTP
How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTPLast Update: August 23, 2016
At hindsight, Gmail SMTP seems to be easy to use. But a lot of people are struggling on how to make it work and they experience difficulty in finding the lacking element that should allow their Gmail accounts to send emails using SMTP. Here are the steps that you need to accomplish in order for you to beable to use your Gmail account as email sender for JotForm email alerts:
1) Log in to your Gmail account
Google requires the account to have "Less Secure Apps" enabled before it can allow the email account to be accessed by a 3rd party
3) Turn on the access for less secure apps.
Once done, you should receive an email regarding the enabling of access for less secure apps.
4) Proceed to My Account > Settings. Or you can visit this link directly: https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings
5) Click the Add Sender Email button
6) Enter the following information:
Email Address: [your email address]
Username: [your gmail address]
Password: [your gmail password]
Security Protocol: TLS
7) Click the Save button
Once done, it should let you send JotForm email alerts using your Gmail account.