Browse Article by Topicsgmail smtp
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- How to Setup SMTP for a Form
- How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTP
- How to Get Notified if Email Alerts Failed to Send
- How to prevent emails landing in spam folder in your Gmail account
Related Forum Questions
- Not getting emails from the email address set up as SMTP in my form
- I have not been able to log into my Gmail account
- Submission emails are not being sent using SMTP.
- How to set Office365 SMTP settings for email?
- SMTP Gail configuration error
- SMTP setup and phpmailer?
- Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
- Test Email button is ignoring my SMTP setup
- Set up SMTP email sending but still getting added to Bounce List
- How to find SMTP settings?
How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTPLast Update: January 21, 2017
At hindsight, Gmail SMTP seems to be easy to use. But a lot of people are struggling on how to make it work and they experience difficulty in finding the lacking element that should allow their Gmail accounts to send emails using SMTP. Here are the steps that you need to accomplish in order for you to beable to use your Gmail account as email sender for JotForm email alerts:
1) Log in to your Gmail account
Google requires the account to have "Less Secure Apps" enabled before it can allow the email account to be accessed by a 3rd party
3) Turn on the access for less secure apps.
Once done, you should receive an email regarding the enabling of access for less secure apps.
4) Proceed to My Account > Settings. Or you can visit this link directly: https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings
5) Click the Add Sender Email button
6) Enter the following information:
Email Address: [your email address]
Username: [your gmail address]
Password: [your gmail password]
Security Protocol: TLS
7) Click the Save button
Once done, it should let you send JotForm email alerts using your Gmail account.