Browse Article by Topicsgmail smtp
- How to Edit/Delete Sender Emails on SMTP Settings
- How to Setup SMTP for a Form
- How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTP
- How to Get Notified if Email Alerts Failed to Send
- How to prevent emails landing in spam folder in your Gmail account
Related Forum Questions
- Bounce List Issues
- Yahoo Business Mail
- Need assistance with bounce list
- How can I edit or remove a Sender email with own SMTP server?
- Problems with SMTP
- Are the SMTP and Verification methods the same?
- Send the email direct to our server and bypass spam filter
- Setting up SMTP
- SMTP issue-
- Email address is added to bouncelist repeatedly
How to Use Your Gmail Account as Your Email Sender via SMTPLast Update: August 23, 2016
At hindsight, Gmail SMTP seems to be easy to use. But a lot of people are struggling on how to make it work and they experience difficulty in finding the lacking element that should allow their Gmail accounts to send emails using SMTP. Here are the steps that you need to accomplish in order for you to beable to use your Gmail account as email sender for JotForm email alerts:
1) Log in to your Gmail account
Google requires the account to have "Less Secure Apps" enabled before it can allow the email account to be accessed by a 3rd party
3) Turn on the access for less secure apps.
Once done, you should receive an email regarding the enabling of access for less secure apps.
4) Proceed to My Account > Settings. Or you can visit this link directly: https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings
5) Click the Add Sender Email button
6) Enter the following information:
Email Address: [your email address]
Username: [your gmail address]
Password: [your gmail password]
Security Protocol: TLS
7) Click the Save button
Once done, it should let you send JotForm email alerts using your Gmail account.