Going to the dentist can be stressful. An estimated 60 percent of people have some sort of fear or anxiety about dental work, and now, with a record-breaking number of Americans losing their jobs (and their insurance), patients might be worried about more than just the novocaine needle.
That’s why dentists should start putting their patients at ease as soon as they enter the waiting room. One simple way to do this is to create dental history forms in multiple languages to prevent any confusion for patients who don’t speak English as their first language.
If you happen to run a dental practice in a diverse area of the country, there’s a high chance you’ll encounter a patient who would prefer to fill out their forms in their native language. Here’s how to create dental history forms in multiple languages using JotForm.
1. Choose a HIPAA-compliant JotForm plan
If you’re looking for an easy way to create fillable online forms for your patients and translate your dental history forms into multiple languages, a JotForm Silver or Gold plan will be your best choice. Both of these plans support HIPAA compliance, so you won’t have to worry about your patients’ information remaining confidential and secure. The two plans differ slightly:
- 100 forms
- 10,000 monthly submissions
- 100 GB of available space
- 1,000 payment submissions
- Unlimited monthly form views
- Unlimited total submission storage
- Unlimited reports and fields
- No JotForm branding
- Everything included in the Silver plan, plus
- Unlimited forms
- 100,000 monthly submissions
- 1 TB of available space
- Unlimited payment submissions
For pricing and more details, check out the HIPAA pricing page.
2. Create your dental history form
Now it’s time to create a dental history form for your patients to fill out. You can collect the most important information from your new patients using JotForm’s dental history form template. The template covers essential information, including
- Patient’s name
- General dental questions
- Previous dentist
- Date of last cleaning and dental visit
- General medical questions
- Drug and alcohol use
- Pregnancy and contraceptive use
- Patient’s signature
Hoping to add something else to your form or jazz it up a bit? No problem! JotForm’s templates are fully customizable. Use the form designer tool at the right side of your screen to change the look of your template, including color, theme, style, and layout.
If you’d like to change the content of your form, just click Add Form Element on the left side of your form and choose from elements like text boxes, multiple choice questions, and an appointment scheduler, just to name a few.
If you’d like to collect payments with this form, you can connect common payment platforms like Square, Stripe, PayPal, and more. Once you’re connected, just drag and drop your payment widget onto the form.
You can also collect electronic signatures from your patients using one of JotForm’s e-signature widgets. The signatures are legally binding, and you have a choice of widgets from popular electronic signature platforms, like DocuSign and AdobeSign.
3. Translate your dental history form into multiple languages
Now that you’ve set up your account and have the ideal form for your patients, it’s time to make sure everyone can understand it.
JotForm’s translate feature allows your clients to complete a form using any one of over 130 languages, so you can make sure your patients can comfortably and accurately read and fill out your form.
Just follow these steps:
- Select the dental history form you want to translate.
- From the Settings tab, click Show More Options.
- In the Form Language section, choose your desired language.
- Next, click the Edit tab in the Translations section.
- Click Add Form Language.
- Next, choose the language you want and click Add Form Language again.
- Select any portions of the form you want to translate, including warning messages.
Once you get the hang of the translation tool, you can set up forms in multiple languages and on any form you use in your office. This way, you’ll ensure that every one of your patients can accurately provide pertinent dental information.
JotForm provides an easy way to collect data so you can focus less on language barriers and more on providing top-notch dental services to your patients.